PDA

View Full Version : I.D. this swingarm

ATCWRENCH
05-23-2005, 01:25 PM
I bought this swing arm off ebay awhile back and I didnt know what it was but it looked good and it was a good deal for a complete after market swing arm. It is for the 83-84R. What got me thinking about what it is, is Troll's 250R. If you look at his swing arm on his bike and then look at mine they look very similar but I dont think mine is a westcoast swinger cuz it is not aluminum, it weighs a little bit more than the stock swing arm. I think mine might be a west coast knock off but i am not sure. Sorry for the horrible pictures, I own a very cheap digital camera. If you need need better shots I have a friend with a better camera I can take pictures with

ScottZJ
05-23-2005, 02:21 PM
It sort of looks like a PK swinger. Here is a pic of mine with my westcoast. If you had better closer pics we might be able to tell more.

Red Rider
05-23-2005, 02:28 PM
I dont think mine is a westcoast swinger cuz it is not aluminum, it weighs a little bit more than the stock swing arm.
Westcoast swingarms weren't aluminum either, they were steel, so maybe it is a westcoast. You are right about one thing though, those pics are horrible! :D

MTS
05-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Westcoast swingarms weren't aluminum either, they were steel, so maybe it is a westcoast. You are right about one thing though, those pics are horrible! :D
actually westcoast swingers where chromolly...lol but my first thought was PK

ScottZJ
05-23-2005, 04:07 PM

The westcoast swingers all have the signature tapered(notice the white one in my pic) look to them(meaning one end is larger than the other). That is why I dont think it it a westcoast. There were other companies that made longer swingers in the 80's such as DG. So we would have to get better close up pics to see if we can see any signature marks to show who might have made it.

ATCWRENCH
05-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the replies, I will get a hand full of good quality close ups of my swing arm. The make of the swingarm really isn't that important I just want to know for my own knowledge of my bike, plus I know it's a well built swingarm. I originally got it for a cr480 conversion in my 83R chassis but I couldn't find an engine with out having to give up an arm and a leg for it, so I said screw it and build the 250 up for fun trail riding, mild track use and the dunes.

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-23-2005, 04:28 PM
dude, turn the brightness down and add some contrast :p ;, here, these are a bit better :D

http://img257.echo.cx/img257/8079/swingarm0023fk.jpg

http://img257.echo.cx/img257/9422/swingarm0035xa.jpg

http://img257.echo.cx/img257/7565/swingarm0048xf.jpg

Scott, it does sort of look like that PK, but see how the shock mount on is the back like a stock one? And also, in pic #2 you can sort of see the area where the arm was cut and a section was added. Or else thats just the .0001 MP picture playing tricks on my eyes.

ATCWRENCH
05-23-2005, 04:44 PM
thanks for clearing the pics up for me. the line that you are talking about is a triangulated piece that sits on top of the long square piece of the swingarm and it is welded to that and the bearing housing, reinforcment. the pics where also takin out side at noon so yea it was really bright outside