PDA

View Full Version : Help Solid Throttle Cable

angryyoung
05-22-2005, 01:13 PM
The throttle cable on my YT175 is impossible to move. It moves a tiny bit, i tried greasing it and lubricating it, but to no avail. Im selling this in a week so please this is urgent. It sat for about a month. So does anyone know how to get it unstuck?

rob0781
05-22-2005, 02:11 PM
unscrew the cap on the carb and make sure it's not the slide stuck,cause thats what the cable hooks to it may be corroded or may not have been put in properly.

freewheel3
05-22-2005, 02:14 PM
The throttle cable on my YT175 is impossible to move. It moves a tiny bit, i tried greasing it and lubricating it, but to no avail. Im selling this in a week so please this is urgent. It sat for about a month. So does anyone know how to get it unstuck?
Is it the cable that is siezed or is it in the thumb throttle assy. or possibly the slide mechanism inside the carb? Or maybe the cable is pinched, kinked or binding somewhere. Pop the top off of the carb & see if the slide mech. will come out, this will eliminate that possibility. If you think it is the cable, put about 3-4" of diesel fuel in a 5 Gal. pail, coil your cable up in soak it in the pail for a day or so, usually works wonders.

angryyoung
05-23-2005, 10:23 AM
its not the thumb part, cause that moves, so i guess ill check the slide, and if that dont work, then deisel fuel it is.