PDA

View Full Version : 86/87 tecate decal update

Orangecnty250r
05-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Well some of you have probably seen them for sale already. Luckily the previous owner of my 87 Tecate decided to keep the rivots handy and kept the original rear fender with all three 1987 Silver warning decals. The fender was rough (Riddled with rivots and huge cracks). I assume most people pulled the silver decals off because they werent COOL so finding them has been tough. Between my T3's and triztunes dropping off 86 warning decals to Jared(yamatopdog)these kits are 99% there.

My bike also had the original ignition decal for the headlight shroud of the 87

1. We are still looking for a readable fork decal (see pic)

2. I have to send the frame decal to Jared (shown) thats an 87 --is 86 the same???

3. The 87 labels fiche show a gear shift decal for the 87 only near the gas tank???

Here a couple of shots of the new decals

OZQUAD44
06-14-2005, 07:06 AM
hows your search for stickers going?
I've got an 87 t3, the fork sticker is really feint about 80% readable, the whole sticker is there just with feint writing. would you like a photo?
Do you know anyone with a good fuel tank and R/H radiator shroud for one of these puppies?
Mine could do with an upgrade.

Orangecnty250r
06-14-2005, 07:51 AM
I have the correct size and some letters on the fork decal I have. If you could jot down what you have and hit enter everytime the writing ends on the line on the decal that would be great and post it. We may have to peice this one together as best we can. W'ell see if anyone else can fill in the missing pieces.

Jeb
06-14-2005, 08:04 AM
I've got to get a set of his decals.

You guys have done excellent work! :w00t: :beer

Mine still has the fork decal but good like making out the text so I'm not much help.

Did the steering head decal end up being different for an 87? The one on my 86 just says KXT250B, like the one you pictured.

Orangecnty250r
06-14-2005, 08:23 AM
The steering stem decal pictured is off my 87. Is the same as the 86

86waterpumper
06-14-2005, 03:23 PM
I have a brand new fork decal not on my bike, do you still need it? :D

Orangecnty250r
06-14-2005, 09:19 PM
I have a brand new fork decal not on my bike, do you still need it? :D

PM me and we can set it up getting reproduced youll get your original back. I'll talk to Jared about also completing the fork stem decal . We can kill two birds with one stone.
Me and the tecates of the world thank you :Bounce

OZQUAD44
06-15-2005, 07:03 AM
I have the correct size and some letters on the fork decal I have. If you could jot down what you have and hit enter everytime the writing ends on the line on the decal that would be great and post it. We may have to peice this one together as best we can. W'ell see if anyone else can fill in the missing pieces.
:) :) :)
Crikey just because I said I could help dosen't mean I wanted to actually get off my butt and actually do somthing........ sheesh.......

Yea no worries mate, just kidding. Next time I'm in the shed I'll get the pen, paper and magnifying glass out and see what I can read off the sticker.

Probably post it tommorrow night

Orangecnty250r
06-15-2005, 09:30 AM
:) :) :)
Crikey just because I said I could help dosen't mean I wanted to actually get off my butt and actually do somthing........ sheesh.......

Yea no worries mate, just kidding. Next time I'm in the shed I'll get the pen, paper and magnifying glass out and see what I can read off the sticker.

Probably post it tommorrow night

Looks Like we have an original decal for the fork to send off to Jared. We'll keep you posted.

Rex Karz
06-15-2005, 03:07 PM
The 87 radiator shroud decal is different from the 86.