PDA

View Full Version : DX is progressing

freewheel3
05-21-2005, 04:30 AM
Almost done with my DX. Still need a few more things like a pipe, seat, mud flaps, decals, pc the rims & a few other odds & ends. If anybody has a nice OEM seat they want to sell, let me know

thefox
05-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Looks great! It's nice seeing a few Yamaha's being brought back.

freewheel3
05-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Looks great! It's nice seeing a few Yamaha's being brought back.
Thanks, yeah around here Hondas outnumber Yamahas by 10 to 1. Parts for these YTMs are less plentiful but they are usually cheaper than the same item on a Honda. Sure wish I could find a decent seat for this one though.

edog
05-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Looking good.Real nice.

Huffa
05-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Feels good to see another nice 225 as there are all but a few on here.

Nice work. Looking REAL nice!! :beer Would that be an 84 then?

I love the rear footpeg extension braces. I can't :wondering ever recall seeing them. Is that a Yamaha option or were they custom made?

What ever the case may be, I WANT SOME! :D

I'd like to see close up pic's of them if you don't mind and tell me exactly how they mount.

Where is Alberta at?

You'll find a seat sooner or later. You need a whole seat or just the cover? A OEM looking one (cover wise) or don't care about the "shaft" and "Yamaha" on it?

By the looks of the cylinder & head it seems like you repainted it. Did you and if so what kind of paint is it.?

Has it been run yet with new paint on?

freewheel3
05-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Feels good to see another nice 225 as there are all but a few on here.

Nice work. Looking REAL nice!! :beer Would that be an 84 then?

I love the rear footpeg extension braces. I can't :wondering ever recall seeing them. Is that a Yamaha option or were they custom made?

What ever the case may be, I WANT SOME! :D

I'd like to see close up pic's of them if you don't mind and tell me exactly how they mount.

Where is Alberta at?

You'll find a seat sooner or later. You need a whole seat or just the cover? A OEM looking one (cover wise) or don't care about the "shaft" and "Yamaha" on it?

By the looks of the cylinder & head it seems like you repainted it. Did you and if so what kind of paint is it.?

Has it been run yet with new paint on?
Yes it is an 84.
The foot braces are OEM. They bolt on in minutes using the stock holes in the frame but with longer bolts (came with the foot braces) & also one smaller bolt in the end of the stock peg.
Alberta is in western Canada.
The paint on the cylinder & head are just gloss black engine enamel that I picked up @ a local supply store.
Yes it has been run a few times since painting.
Look @ the pics & you will see why I want another seat. This one just needs a cover. I ordered one from Yamaha & all that is available is a grey one without the word "SHAFT" on the side. I am waiting for a black aftermarket cover to show up that I ordered a few weeks ago. I know a place that will apply logos to seats & will have this done when the black cover shows up. If I can find another seat with good foam & pan I'll get both covers installed & have 2 seats, 1 grey & 1 black.
I'm still trying to figure out this pic posting thing so bear with me if these pics are too large or small.

Huffa
05-21-2005, 07:42 PM
I dig the foot peg extenders even more so now that I see them close up.

Hmmmm - I'll have to keep a close eye out for them on ebay. Never saw a pair yet though in the few months I have been looking.

Got an idea! If for some reason you ever have it somewhere or you know of someone that does welding, ask him how much it would cost to make a pair up. I'm real curious as to how much.

I remember talking to you now about the cover also.

You turn your taillight upsidedown so it lights up the Tri-Moto logo at night?

You have a rear skid plate or need one?

MTS
05-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Looks GREAT i havent seen a tri-motor 225 around hear either all honda's and an odd 175 or tri-z where abouts in AB are ya? im in edmonton, we should go riding some time-about the seat cover if the one dont show up i can have a black one made up for nothing but it wont have the lettering on it.

freewheel3
05-21-2005, 09:46 PM
I dig the foot peg extenders even more so now that I see them close up.

Hmmmm - I'll have to keep a close eye out for them on ebay. Never saw a pair yet though in the few months I have been looking.

Got an idea! If for some reason you ever have it somewhere or you know of someone that does welding, ask him how much it would cost to make a pair up. I'm real curious as to how much.

I remember talking to you now about the cover also.

You turn your taillight upsidedown so it lights up the Tri-Moto logo at night?

You have a rear skid plate or need one?
Not sure which way is right side up for the tail light lense. When I started dismantling the trike I found a dealer's sticker (Valley Yamaha in Mesa, AZ) on the bottom of the lense & when I put it back together I just assumed that someone had previously installed it upside down so I put it on top where it would be visible.
The trike was originally sold in AZ then spent most of it's life in CA until it was shipped up here about 8 years ago.
I have a new skid plate but haven't installed it yet. (still avail. from Yamaha) The old one must have got water inside of the tubes somehow because it was rusted clean through in a few places.

freewheel3
05-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Looks GREAT i havent seen a tri-motor 225 around hear either all honda's and an odd 175 or tri-z where abouts in AB are ya? im in edmonton, we should go riding some time-about the seat cover if the one dont show up i can have a black one made up for nothing but it wont have the lettering on it.
I live about 1 1/2 Hrs. northwest of Edmonton. Give me a shout (pm me) if you want to go riding some time. I might take you up on the seat cover offer if the one I ordered doesn't show up.

rob0781
05-21-2005, 09:59 PM
how are those tires in the mud and trail???and what are they?

freewheel3
05-21-2005, 10:22 PM
how are those tires in the mud and trail???and what are they?
They are Nanco Sand Vipers 22 x 12.5 x 8. 4 ply rating but feel heavier than that. I have the rims inside out so there is some extra room between the tire & the battery box. A buddy of mine owns a tire shop & gave me a sweet deal on the tires.
I also have them on one of my Honda trikes & so far they seem to hold up well. Awesome trail tire if you don't run more than 2 PSI otherwise they are a rough ride. They are good in the mud but not as good as the TSL Super Swampers. I have found that the TSL Vampire is the ultimate mud tire but unfortunately they don't make them in 8". I have these on one of my Yamahaulers with 9" rims & it is unstoppable. Rough ride though & power sliding is out of the question.

MTS
05-21-2005, 10:50 PM
when i get my tri-z done(god only knows when that will be) we will have to go riding-or i can always take my 82 honda 200......:) i got about 2000+acres of farm land i ride on, where do you ride? any good trails or anything.....mine mostly stink...lol ride the stergeon river in the winter but yea.........