PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter Question...

KayodicWeazel
05-20-2005, 08:04 PM
I have an ATC 110, and it has a 2 stage filter, a foam outer one, and a paper looking inner filter. I just washed the outer foam, and it has a rip, and an inch long hole in it. Can I still use it, or should I buy a new foam, or just order an aftermarket filter. Also, is the paper filter removable? I havent been sucessful in getting it off...

Oh yeah, and if I buy a UNI filter or whatnot, do I have to keep the airbox?

Tri-ZNate
05-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Oh yeah, and if I buy a UNI filter or whatnot, do I have to keep the airbox?

You dont have to keep the airbox but puting the filter on in the airbox works pretty well to.

Lomax
05-20-2005, 11:17 PM
on the 110's, the foam is kinda like a pre-charger, sorta like the K&N system from what I understand while the paper is a filter as well. It doesnt come out but I would suggest using the foam as well. Blow the paper out as best you can with air then clean your foam and re-install it.

KayodicWeazel
05-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Sweet. Thanks. And hey, guess what? I jacked the foam off of my old Quadrunner 250, and it looks like it might be able to fit over the paper filter... no more old ripped foam for me!

Lomax
05-21-2005, 01:22 AM
Great, keep that 110 going, alot of people around here just make an ATC run so they can trash it. Spend the extra time to keep it 100%. I mean heck, its not like you can go buy a new one anymore

KayodicWeazel
05-21-2005, 01:27 AM
That's true... hey I have another question.
I'm currently (as in, 10 minutes ago) started reassembling my carb, and I noticed there was a BUNCH of crap in there, grains of sand and just all around uncool garbage. Also, I just got done rinsing my gas tank cause there was so much sand and dirt in it, you could hear it. Is there any way to reduce/eliminate the amount of sand/metal/rust bits I get in my carb? I've been thinking about getting a plastic replacement tank if they make one...

TrikerR
05-21-2005, 06:51 AM
yes they do make a replacement tank, look for a user on ebay called "3 and 4 wheeler shop" i also think "G&h supplies" does as well. you could also put a in-line fule filter on each of the fuel lines. they are only about 1$ from any auto shop.

BIGCRIP28
05-21-2005, 11:39 AM
id get a UNI.

KayodicWeazel
05-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Thanks for all the help. I decided to run my "ghetto rigged" filter for now, see how it works. It consists of the stock paper filter, the torn stock foam prefilter, a new Quadrunner prefilter, and a Quadrunner foam main filter, all on one intake. The airbox doesn't even fit anymore! I'm planning to just zip tie the filters on and ride!

TrikerR
05-21-2005, 07:04 PM
running like this will require re-jetting as you are allowing more air into the engine so you also need to add more fuel.

KayodicWeazel
05-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Will it? Hmm... Where can I get new jets for an ATC 110 Keihin carb?

TrikerR
05-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Will it? Hmm... Where can I get new jets for an ATC 110 Keihin carb?

it depends on what carburettor have. to find out take out the two small screws which hold the bowl on. this will allow you access to the jets. now, if your jets are the screw in type then your fine, you can just head to the dealer and ask for some larger jets for the 110... butttt if you find the jets to be push in (unthreaded), honda no longer offers jets for this model of carb.

KayodicWeazel
05-23-2005, 01:39 PM
I have screw-in jets, I just cleaned em out yesterday... Thanks, TrikerR!

nined2tsi
07-25-2005, 07:05 PM
What kind of fuel filter could I use on my 85 110? I dont want to get one that restricts fuel and run lean or anything.

MTS
07-25-2005, 09:04 PM
What kind of fuel filter could I use on my 85 110? I dont want to get one that restricts fuel and run lean or anything.
go to the local bike shop heck any automotive store i think has them, and get a little inline one, there clear plastic with a gold colourd filter in the middle, some are cone shaped others are circular, they work like a charm.