PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z Silencer?

HondaHarry
05-20-2005, 04:41 PM
My buddy just picked up a Tri Z (85 and 1/2) all stock except for an aftermarket silencer, never seen or heard of it.

has a yellow and blue tag that says "Ritter Performance Industries" and RPI in big letters above it. Just wondering if any of you guys would know any info about it or who RPI is. Silencer is connected to the pipe (stock pipe) with 2 peices of hose and an aluminum tube coming from the stock pipe to the silencer. The silencer itself is about 2.5 inches in diameter (cylinder shape), with a black anodized extruded aluminum clamp and endcap held on with 3 allen head screws. thanx. HH

mike from long island
05-20-2005, 07:45 PM
pics would help a lot.

3tigers
05-20-2005, 10:07 PM
do you mean richter? ive heard of RPS (richter performance systems)

HondaHarry
05-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Maybe you are right?!?! The mounting bracket does cover part of the name at the bottom. I assumed it was "Ritter" but all you can see is the "TER" the rest is covered... Guess my short term memory is bad. lol :eek: I'll look at it again when he brings it to my shop. But I bet you are right. HH

KayodicWeazel
05-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Um... dump that silencer and get a Supertrapp. That's all I shall say.

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Um... dump that silencer and get a Supertrapp. That's all I shall say.

Its a tri-z.

And obviously you know NOTHING about ATC racing history.

Im guessing you'd be the one to dump a CT or Klemm for a DG eh? :rolleyes:

KayodicWeazel
05-21-2005, 05:00 PM
That's right, I know nothing about ATC racing. Then again, I was born after most racers switched to quads...

What's special about a Richter PS pipe? And what's bad about a SuperTrapp? And what's a CT or Klemm anyway?

Billy Golightly
05-21-2005, 07:35 PM
I dont think SuperTrapp even makes pinger exhausts. I've never seen one anyways.

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-21-2005, 07:38 PM
I dont think SuperTrapp even makes pinger exhausts. I've never seen one anyways.

Glad to see someone has some brains floating around in their skull. ;)