PDA

View Full Version : ATC 110 questions...

KayodicWeazel
05-19-2005, 02:06 AM
All right. I need some questions answered please.
#1. Is Cobra the only company that makes aftermarket pipes for the ATC 110? I went to BikeBandit and Dennis Kirk and that's all they have for the 110.
#2. Will a fork with shocks fit on my 110? I don't care what it's from, be it 250R, 200X, 350X or even a transplanted Tri-Z fork, I just want a bit more suspension.
#3. Should I get low profile tires? I know that the only suspension I'm getting right now is from the big bouncy tires, but that's getting out of hand in the whoops, etc, that I ride. I want a bit more traction cause I can do donuts anywhere, even on hard-pack. And I think it'll look cooler with some Holeshots on it.
#4. Where can I get jet kits, because if I get the Cobra pipe, I know I'll need them. I haven't looked on Dennis Kirk yet, but Bike Bandit doesn't have anything to fit my trike.
#5. This is a mechanical issue. Why is my bike bogging down when I jab the throttle? It runs fine for about an hour, and then when you hit the gas, it blubbers and begins to die. What is bizarre is it'll start up just fine in a few minutes, and it will die again unless the choke is out... Also, when I hold my hand about 2 inches from the tip of the pipe and hit the gas, I get a handful of water with bits of black stuff in it... also, my engine produces copious amounts of white smoke... some of which may or may not be steam from the (I'm guessing) wet packing in my stock pipe. Is there any way to make my machine have a crisper throttle response, not as much smoke, and dry out the pipe?

Help appreciated, and long live the TRIKE,
-Weazel

lonestar
05-19-2005, 02:16 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4551076259&category=43977

I think this guy can help you out with the jet kit and any top end help

KayodicWeazel
05-19-2005, 02:19 AM
Thanks a lot!

jenndnn3
05-19-2005, 08:15 AM
#1 The last I heard the answer is yes. There were once supertrapps, but I have never seen a used one for sale. You could try www.powroll.com as well but am unsure if they even have the 110 pipes.

#2 someone else who has done this before needs to pipe in. Your gonna of course prob need to convert the tripple tee as well. Ill let someone else pipe up here.

#3 Ok I seen a pict of your trike. I dont think it is bad looking at all, till those tires came up.... :eek: Lemme guess your rubbing everything? What sizes are they? No wonder you want them gone, but then you prob have great suspension, how often do you wanna tip? Enough out of me, One thing I did is convertthe hubs over to the 4/110 bolt pattern. You can swipe those off any 200x. the early 200x are flat, the later (86-87) are slightly pushed out giving more length at axle. These are also found on 300ex's. Once you convert you can dump split rims and your wheel possibilities are endless.

#4 Was answered, but I will tell you I have that supertrapp I was telling you about earlier, and no jet changes were needed. I am still running a stock setup. Cobra is basically a stock replacement with a little bit better breathing.

#5 The water may be just the issue alone. Find out where it is, sounds like it is in the pipe, pull it clean it, and move on. While your in cleaning mode, hit the air filter and carb.

TrikerR
05-19-2005, 08:34 AM
#1 also DG make pipes for the 110's, thats what im using at the moment. i bought mine off denniskirk.com - http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=44538&store=Main&productId=p44538&catId=&leafCatId=
jenn said it right though, supertrapp is really the only good performance pipes around.

#2 i have performed a full suspension front end swap on my 110.
heres a pic, used complete 83-85 200x front end.
http://usera.imagecave.com/ned/DSC00631.JPG

#3 depending on model of carb(i.e. screw in jets or push in) larger size screw in jets are available from yor honda dealer. if you have the push-in type i have a recently rebuilt one sitting here i would be willing to sell you.

#4 i think jenn was right, sound as if the packing in the exhaust muffler is water soaked.

KayodicWeazel
05-19-2005, 07:48 PM
#3 Ok I seen a pict of your trike. I dont think it is bad looking at all, till those tires came up.... :eek: Lemme guess your rubbing everything? What sizes are they? No wonder you want them gone, but then you prob have great suspension, how often do you wanna tip?

Those are the stock 22/11/8 Pro-Am H-Trak II tires, and yes, it's very tippy, and no I get really crappy suspension. Too bouncy for my blood. And actually, they dont rub at all! It's just damn close! lol.

Thanks for all the help...

-Weazel

KayodicWeazel
05-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Holy DAMN! TrikerR, that looks AWESOME! Did you manage to transplant that directly onto the 110? If so, I'm getting suspension as fast as I can!

jenndnn3
05-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Ok then I have to know, how much air pressure??? I had a set just like that. 22X11 had 20 pounds of pressure for 20 years. My daughter always tipped. They were the first to go.

KayodicWeazel
05-20-2005, 12:27 AM
20 Psi?? Damn that's way too much. Mine have maybe 10 to 15. I haven't checked in a while...

Also, I got some advice from a former racer in our town today. I was broken down on the highway and he helped get me started. He said I should clean my air filter, and change my plug. When I did that, he said it would run perfectly...

TrikerR
05-20-2005, 05:26 AM
Holy DAMN! TrikerR, that looks AWESOME! Did you manage to transplant that directly onto the 110? If so, I'm getting suspension as fast as I can!

yes, it was a pretty much straight swap, still a little bit of fab work till its perfect.

KayodicWeazel
05-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Hey TrikerR, how are those DG pipes? I'm wondering whether or not to buy DG or Cobra.

TrikerR
05-24-2005, 05:05 AM
well seeing as i havent even finished my engine i dont really know. they look good but

KayodicWeazel
05-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Hmm... I was counting up shiat I was going to buy over the summer, from Dennis Kirk and other spots, and the total came out to 900 something bucks... but I am determined to make my trike the hottest ride in town, so that will be money well spent...