PDA

View Full Version : choke on the carburetor?

muddyatc200guy
05-17-2005, 10:56 PM
I have a 1983 honda 4 stroke atc200, I am haveing a problem with it idling and i was wondering if its the carb. and the choke, cause it seems when the choke is all the way off it runs the best but doesnt idle, but if the choke is on it runs like crap but it idles. can any one tell me y this is and how to fix it? thanxs in advance.

350x'inNY
05-17-2005, 11:13 PM
I have a 1983 honda 4 stroke atc200, I am haveing a problem with it idling and i was wondering if its the carb. and the choke, cause it seems when the choke is all the way off it runs the best but doesnt idle, but if the choke is on it runs like crap but it idles. can any one tell me y this is and how to fix it? thanxs in advance.

Sounds like your idle screws out of adjustment. When you run the choke, it richens the mixture, so it'll idle but rough. With the choke off, your A:F is correct, but not enough in your idle/pilot jet to keep it running. get it running and make small adjustments on your idle adjustment until it will idle w/o the choke on. Then sounds like you'll be all set!

Welcome to the boards! Where bouts in NY are you? I'm SOuth of Rochester. :welcome:

Bruce

muddyatc200guy
05-17-2005, 11:25 PM
Hey thanks, i'll try it first thing tomarrow, i'm just est or rochester.

MTS
05-17-2005, 11:29 PM
just to claify choke is all the way up and no choke is all the way down on the lever.

KayodicWeazel
05-19-2005, 02:15 AM
Yeah, I'm guessing that your idle screw is too far in. Give it a couple of turns out and pull. Repeat as necessary.