PDA

View Full Version : Well, brought the SX on a quad ride Sat. night

Lomax
05-17-2005, 05:23 PM
It was quite funny too. I pulled it off the trailer (and my freinds 185s) amonst all the big 4x4 quads and they all started laughing. They told me to quite messing around and go get the BigBear that they would wait for me. I was like, Saddle up, its time for the SX to eat! With everyone laughing we started down the road gettting to our trails, a little irritated i let the SX smoke there ass all the way to the trails. After we got down there, when the mud was getting to deep I was constantly finding my way around everything but it was easy due to the size compared to the quads trying to follow me. the funniest part was when we came up to a series of ruts, they all drove right accross but the lower ground clearance of the trike wouldnt allow it. they were all laughing at me saying "what are you going to do now?" I dropped the front tire in one rut and let the back to drive on the edge and in the middle, I made it better than they did!! After we got done with the ride none of them hade much to say about the trike. just thought it was funny that a 20 year old trike was going with and in some places doing better than these new 4x4 go anywhere quads of today.

mad_max
05-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Kool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blown 331
05-17-2005, 05:49 PM
It's been my experience that most guys who ride 4X4's and have never been around any kind of 2wd ATV have no idea what you can do with a 2wd. Not sure if that really makes sense.

OldSchoolin86
05-17-2005, 05:54 PM
It's been my experience that most guys who ride 4X4's and have never been around any kind of 2wd ATV have no idea what you can do with a 2wd. Not sure if that really makes sense.
Makes perfect sence. I've noticed the same with trucks too.

Tri-ZNate
05-17-2005, 06:25 PM
I got about the same reaction at a poker run over the weekend. I went through a mud bog 3 or so times without getting stuck but I got covered in mud. I went back to the group and just swam in the creek to get the mud off of all my clothes, and then people asked how the mud bog was and I said " I made it through pretty easy." So they started saying to one another "come on that little trike made it through lets go." well most of them didnt (mostly 350 raptors, YFZs, and 4x4s) so it was a very sweet victory. I love how quad riders underestimate the trikes, talkin all big and then they get stuck. HA how wonderful it was. Also nice job showing those Quads the real trail machine of the last 20 years.

P.S. 3 quads went through without having much trouble... a sportsman 500 (mean mud tires), Dirtydan's 400 big bear, and my bus drivers 400 big bear (he had these sweet ass blackwaters). And yes after all that big talk I also got stuck.

Lomax
05-18-2005, 02:46 PM
I think one of the funniest parts was, we came up to a pretty knarly mudhole, instead of driving mine through it, i just found a hole in the woods and went around. None of the quads could make it through where I went, they had to cross, I bet I sat there for 2 hours while they all wore themselves out trying to push there quads out of the hole lol....

Yamahammer490
05-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Yeah, those big quads can go through a lot of mud BUT when they get stuck they REALLY get stuck. I've found the same thing when riding with my quad-equipped buddies. I can poke through small holes that they won't fit on a Prairie 650.

People who have never ridden trikes somehow assume they are vastly inferior than quads when in many cases they are about the same. Then later when I'm waiting at the next bar for them to catch up their tune has changed. :D

Tri-ZNate
05-18-2005, 10:04 PM
I think one of the funniest parts was, we came up to a pretty knarly mudhole, instead of driving mine through it, i just found a hole in the woods and went around. None of the quads could make it through where I went, they had to cross, I bet I sat there for 2 hours while they all wore themselves out trying to push there quads out of the hole lol....

lol thats great

chris200x
05-19-2005, 12:25 AM

Doyou know what I think would of been sweeter....drive over to the farside of the mudhole and toss them a towrope. lol Offer to pull them out one by one. I did that one time and it was sweet. I was the cock of the walk that day! lmao :TrikesOwn