PDA

View Full Version : Another exhaust question (200x)

chris200x
05-16-2005, 10:02 PM
I will hopefully be in the market for a new pipe and silencer for my 200x. I've narrowed it down to 2

1. Cobra Megaphone. retails for $100

2.. DG/RMC. retails for the same $100

This will be the most money I would like to spend. Anyone used or have these on there machines? Can I get some feedback (pros & cons) liked - Disliked.

This purchase is a couple weeks if not longer away any thoughts.....

kilabeez0
05-16-2005, 10:28 PM
cobra is the worst pipe in the world. i bought one for my first resto on the 110 and it rotted out within a week. spend a few bucks and get the krome power DG.

hotroddal
05-16-2005, 10:29 PM
i suggest the dg/rcm pipe its awesome looking, all chrome and sounds bad too the bone and has a nice throughty bark to it, expesially in the low end.

thefox
05-16-2005, 10:43 PM
cobra is the worst pipe in the world. i bought one for my first resto on the 110 and it rotted out within a week. spend a few bucks and get the krome power DG.

Is n't the krome power the same as the RCM only crome instead of black?

kilabeez0
05-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Crappy DG alloy is $109

Better Alloy RCM is $154

Krome Power is $150

The crappy DG alloy is the same garbage the Cobra is made of. If your really on a budget you'll be very upset that you spent the money on a turd that honestly rusts out in a week making your whole trike look crappy. Sorry no pics of the krome power

kilabeez0
05-16-2005, 11:23 PM
I'd jump on this buy it now of only 169 DG Excellerator stage 3. Lists for over 300
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4550587507&category=35596

yamahaman89
05-16-2005, 11:45 PM
the link dont work

kilabeez0
05-17-2005, 12:50 AM
fixed ............

Huffa
05-17-2005, 07:01 AM
I'd jump on this buy it now of only 169 DG Excellerator stage 3. Lists for over 300
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4550587507&category=35596

Me too. Well worth the extra $$. VERY good looking and DIFFERENT !!

I dig the flat ovalness of the exhaust. Cool.

Chris, go weigh you stock one and see what the difference is. This one is 12lbs.

chris200x
05-17-2005, 07:34 AM
I've narrowed the two mentioened about because they are in my price range. Not that I'm really fond of any of the two but that is the most I will be able to spend being on a limited budget and all. I'm not to concerned about the noise. Just which one will give me more bang for my buck? I really like the supertrapp but they are out of my price range.

Let me ask this... Is it just possible to buy the muffler and mount that to the stock header or would that just defeat the purpose?

OldSchoolin86
05-17-2005, 08:17 AM
IMO those DG Excellerators are fugly MoFos! I had the RCM aluminum and loved it. That's the one I'd recomend.

jenndnn3
05-17-2005, 08:20 AM
The dg's on the 350x you can put the supertrapp end pieces on it. I am not quite sure about the 200's but I would assume the same. Powroll I think sells a supertrapp looking replica or may even be the supertrapp check them as well.

chris200x
05-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Thanks for all the reply guys but I still don't know wich direction I'm going in. Why do you think the cobra rusts out so quickliy ane the made of steel? Feel free to jump in here and tell me what you all think. As i haven't made my mind up yet. Thanks again for the replys.

I'm really not to concerned with topend speed I like the power in the low and mid ranges.

I'm running 20" holeshots on the back and have a 1 up from stock front sprocket. Anyone have some suggestions on which way to go? and as mentioned before I really don't have a ton of money to throw into this thing.
Oh; I also am running a uni filter...don;t know if that maters though.

Huffa
05-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Why don't you just get the muffler of the supertrapp and attach a pipe extention to fit into header.

That way you can tune the power- noise to your liking. You add or remove the disc in the back to tune it.

I had 2 of them over the years. For 50 bucks, it's a lot better deal then the other 2.

http://www.supertrapp.com/images/product_sections/detail/un-3m-black-steel.jpg

Your gearing should work out well I would think.

chris200x
05-17-2005, 09:00 AM
so Gary, are you saying on of those mufflers would bolt up right to the honda stock header? Hmmm,,, best idea I've heard so far. Anykind of fabricatting to be done that way? Howmuch is the full trapp system maybe $150 or more huh? I still have some time to think this through. Hey How about that place down past your place...Larry's??? might be able to find some stuff there cheap/er.

BIGCRIP28
05-17-2005, 09:26 AM
id get a dg krome power or the dg aluminum rcm.

gasoline and whiskey
05-17-2005, 09:54 AM
I use the dg exhaust on my 200x and am happy with it, and you can
put the supertrap core in it so it's tuneable and has Spark arrestor.

Huffa
05-17-2005, 10:10 AM
so Gary, are you saying on of those mufflers would bolt up right to the honda stock header? Hmmm,,, best idea I've heard so far. Anykind of fabricatting to be done that way? Howmuch is the full trapp system maybe $150 or more huh? I still have some time to think this through. Hey How about that place down past your place...Larry's??? might be able to find some stuff there cheap/er.

You have to add an extention on it to mate up to the header pipe I believe.

Any muffler shop should be able to make one up real cheap. No big deal at all.

What is the outside diameter of the header pipe where exhaust joins up.

There are 2 sizes for the supertrapp that fits OVER the header pipe.

DESCRIPTION: MODEL# MSRP
3M BODY: 1.250" ID INLET #317-1250 $50
3M BODY: 1.500" ID INLET #317-1500 $50

Naturally if you need an extension the outside diameter will be a bit smaller because that has to slide into header. The outside diameter of the extension will then slide into the supertrapp.

So what it all boils down to is your outside diameter of extension must be a hair smaller then what is listed above.

It actually may go either way I guess. Extension going on the outside of header. Actually, now that I think of it, that would be the better way.