PDA

View Full Version : New trike

seadoo650
05-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Just won this on Ebay. Needs some work but not too bad. This one will be for the wife. I'm gonna rely on alot of my fellow 3ww family for any parts I need. I'm going to try to get it ready for her for trikefest but I don't know if I have enough time. We'll see. I'll post pics as the progress goes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4549436738&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

90nut
05-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey, I just saw that one and I was going to buy it but /i had no idea where canton is so I had to hold off. Anyways you got yourself a deal! I have some parts for it depending what you need.

seadoo650
05-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Thanks 90nut. Canton is about 60 or so miles north of Columbus off route 71. It's only about 45 mins. from me. Prolly take you up on some parts when I figure out what I need.

Derrick Adams
05-15-2005, 10:07 PM
SWEET! Let me know if you need any help. I doubt I have too many parts for it but I can definately help out in the work and the looks!

seadoo650
05-15-2005, 10:30 PM
Your help will probably be needed and definately appreciated Derrick.

erectordale
05-15-2005, 10:34 PM
seadoo i have a 84 roller if you need parts but no engine great buy

threewheelin-feelin
05-15-2005, 10:39 PM
that looks like a nice project!

seadoo650
05-15-2005, 10:39 PM

Thanks electrodale. I'll be posting parts I need as soon as I know.

seadoo650
05-15-2005, 10:44 PM
that looks like a nice project!

I love projects. You should have sen my seadoo's before I redid them.

The one on the right was pretty rough and had no motor.

kilabeez0
05-15-2005, 11:24 PM
i too have many spare parts, and might be picking up a roller next weekend.

erectordale
05-15-2005, 11:58 PM
seadoo i sound 3 seadoos including a 98 gtx limited 3 seater for 2 grand a month a go they all needed work and got tired of always working on them and never getting to enjoy them

erectordale
05-16-2005, 12:00 AM
seadoo i sold 3 seadoos including a 98 gtx limited 3 seater for 2 grand a month a go they all needed work and got tired of always working on them and never getting to enjoy them looking at the 1's you restored should have sold them to you

seadoo650
05-16-2005, 01:32 AM
That's ok. Im having more fun with trikes.

Rex Karz
05-16-2005, 02:06 AM
i had no idea where canton is.....

You're obviously not an NFL Fan!

I'm not a football fan and I know where Canton is!!!

It's in Ohio! :D

BIGCRIP28
05-16-2005, 11:13 AM
its kinda rough, but definitely worth the price. looks like a real gud project.

seadoo650
05-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Well, I picked it up today. Gonna need alot of parts. I'll posts needs in classifieds as it goes. Money's tight so this might take a while. Don't know if I'll have it ready for TF. Prolly have to use my uncle's 185 for the wife.

It turns out it's an 83 with an 85 motor. Not gonna complain though. I can't believe nobody caught the black seat or does the 85 also have a black seat. I thought it was blue. Everything that came with it looks ok except the fenders. They will be replaced. He also stripped all of the wiring and electronics so that's gonna cost me. I'm going to try to do this within a $500 dollar budget.

I'll try to post updated pics as I go.

Howdy
05-19-2005, 07:33 AM
You can do it, and I can help. If you want I will try to dig out a complete wiring set up for you. Just let me know.
Howdy

seadoo650
05-20-2005, 11:40 PM
You can do it, and I can help. If you want I will try to dig out a complete wiring set up for you. Just let me know.
Howdy

Thanks Howdy. If you got it I'll take it.

Got started tonight on the tear down. Everthing is coming apart ok. I had a bolt on the headpipe break. Not sure how to get it out. Any suggestions? Also on for the right footpeg. I'm also having problems trying to get the swingarm pivot bolt out. Must be rusted inside. I hit it with some penetration fluid so I'll let it sit tonoght and try again in the morning. If that don't work I'll try a air hammer on it. Somebody allready tried to get it out aln boogered up the bolt. Guess I'll need a new one.

Here is a few pics so far.

One a sad note my uncle fell through on borrowing his 185 for TF for the wife. So I guess I'll have to bring a (oh no the four letter word) that's right, A quad :cry: . Oh well petter than nothing.

Lomax
05-20-2005, 11:57 PM
All of us here at 3WW want to see it live and you make it to TF. I have a bunch of 83-85 200X parts I think that between all the other members and me, we can get you rolling. Glad to see it saved and getting the treatment it deserves. Let me know if I can help.

seadoo650
05-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Thanks Lomax. So far most of the parts I'm gonna need are bearings, seals, cables and stuff like that. All electrical stuff was missing except the stator and magneto. Headlight and taillight are gone. All plastics need replaced.

Should have the frame stripped and repainted by this monday, just gonna use auto paint for now and then powder coat this winter, then the tank and swingarm are next.

Lomax
05-21-2005, 12:10 AM
just gonna use auto paint for now.
thats what I am doing, but i dont intend to ride mine very much either. And you are welcome

seadoo650
05-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Got the pivot bolt out (air hammer). Looks like the swing arm where it mounts with the pivot bolt is kinda wore bad. I don't think anybody has done any kind of preventive maint. to this thing at all. Is there bearings in where the pivot bolt is? If there was there completely gone. I'll try to get a pic of the swingarm so somebody can tell me if it's usable or if I'll need a new one.

seadoo650
05-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Just a few pics of stuff cleaned up. I'm gonna reuse the rear fenders till my finances allow me to buy new ones. The tank is all sanded and ready to be primer'd and painted. My wife went to town on the handlebars and they're ready for paint.

seadoo650
05-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Here is a few pics of the swingarm. It's the end where the pivot bolt goes through. Does it look usable or should I buy a new one?

seadoo650
05-24-2005, 12:20 AM
Got a list of some parts in the classifieds. Turns out the quad I was going to use for my wife has fell through also. She's pretty bummed so I'm gonna try my best to get this going for her.

On a good note the frame is blasted and ready for paint and the tank went out today for painting.

KayodicWeazel
05-24-2005, 02:07 AM

hmm... a 350X roller? How much?

seadoo650
05-24-2005, 04:16 PM
hmm... a 350X roller? How much?

It's a 200x roller.

seadoo650
06-01-2005, 12:53 AM
Just an update. Thanks to all for the parts. The frame is in paint now. The tank needed redcoat but it's ready for paint. Most of the parts are here or in route. I feel like I live in my garage now.

I'm not sure if I stayed under the $500 goal. I'll add it up later .:rolleyes:

On the upside I do have a quad set if I need it but I really want to get this giong. :w00t:

I'll try to post some updated pics tomorrow. It's 1:00 am, I'm tired and I'm going to bed. :o

seadoo650
06-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Here are a few updated pics of the frame and front end and the tank.

It figures I get this far and something comes up. It turns out the front and rear master cylinders are shot and I don't have time to rebuild them (nor are they rebuildable). I posted a needed ad in the classifieds. Still trying to finish it up. I will probable still bring it even if it's not finished if there's room.

seadoo650
06-08-2005, 01:23 AM
Well, I got it together. :w00t: Would'nt ya know after all the neglect and abuse this poor machine has taken the damn thing started on the first kick. :beer :TrikesOwn I could'nt believe it. It still needs the carb adjusted, chain put on and the brakes done but I'm relieved it runs. What I can't get done tomorrow I'll do at TF. See ya there.

seadoo650
06-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Looks like the 200X is not going to TF. The last thing I needed were the swingarm bearings and I bought them using But it now on Ebay. I purchased them on May 30 and they never came. Has anyone bought anything from JASCMK (stanfield racing products)? He is from OH also so I figured I would receive them in 3 to 4 days topps. Nine days later and no bearings. I received an email today saying he shipped them out today. Nine freakin days later and he finally ships them out. Needless to say I sent his a very direct email.

Also waiting on some decals I purchased, also using buy it now, from ddrslapp. Purchased on May 30. Ten days later and no decals. His shipping instructions says he ships out within 48 hours after payment is received. I guess he forgot to add the ten days to that 48 hours.

I've been working till one or two in the morning on this trike to have it ready for TF for my wife and now I can't take it because of some lazy ebay seller.

Sorry for the vent. I had to get it out. I'm pissed because alot of people on this site helped me out on this project and I was hoping to show them the fruits of my labor.

kilabeez0
06-09-2005, 12:26 AM
thats too bad man. back at my parents house i have all new bearings i never used that i could've overnighted or shipped priority.