PDA

View Full Version : what have i done? (200x)

bakeban
05-15-2005, 07:36 PM
i have a 200x and i got sick of the kickstarter not working so i tore into it. i noticed that a thrust washer was missing up against the right hand case on the output shaft and had rubbed against the case. i have another lower end that i took apart after breaking the rod so i had the washer and i put one back there where it was missing one. i have it all back together and the kickstarter still slips about the same as it did but the question is this: it runs, it shifts into gear but now the clutch seems to be slipping. no matter where i adjust it to, it slips. it feels like it slips even when i pull the cable in. it wont pull itself and once in gear i cant get it back in neutral even with the cluch drawn. it will, however, shift alright when the engine is not running. could this be a tranny problem or is it just a coinsidence that since i took the clutch apart that it is now bad. any suggestions would be much appreciated. i dont want to take it apart again unless i have to.

83185s
05-15-2005, 09:04 PM
take off the right engine case..clutch cover...examine the clutch..try and move the bolts that holds the springs in..if one moves even very little..thats your problem and youll need another..mine just did exactly what * say that one did..and i had to put a different clutch on..now it works perfect

bakeban
05-16-2005, 12:49 PM
ok thanks. ill try that.

83185s
05-17-2005, 12:11 AM
so find anything yet?