PDA

View Full Version : Danger - 225 airbox letting dirt - dust get by possibly

Huffa
05-14-2005, 03:25 PM
I cleaned mine really good and noticed mud build up just below the pink in picture.

Finally got the crude out but also notice they (Yamaha) had foam stuffed in there. I wonder what's up with that I thought.

Turns out that is the "path" blow by oil will take to go in back portion of air box.

If your foam is rotted away in that little space all the dust and dirt is going right thru and directly into your carb. Thats what the peg is for in picture, to hold the foam in place.

I brought up the air box post earlier but thought this deserved a new post.

You might have a fresh clean filter when all along it's sucking dirt right thru anyway! More then likely it will still be there though.

Huffa
05-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Update - I also found the intake wall serperates from the side a bit.

edog
05-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Looks like you got a mess up there.Haven't seen that before.Are you shure you didn't put it there for something else to talk about your tri moto.LOL

Huffa
05-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Looks like you got a mess up there.Haven't seen that before.Are you shure you didn't put it there for something else to talk about your tri moto.LOL

You probably have not seen it before because you haven't looked. It is very easy to miss (1st picture). That little "hidden" space and air gap in wall can shorten the lifespan of ther motor BIG TIME!!

..........and i did find a very very simple set up for a 3rd mounting location with no drilling into airbox either although one more hole would even simplify it farther.

Can you figure it out edog?.

2 is not enough. Ridiculous. No wonder 2 out of the 3 airboxes on the three 225's I have were "broke".