PDA

View Full Version : HondaAtc new venture, now mine too lol

mike from long island
05-14-2005, 01:26 PM
i picked this up last night.another 85 250r. needs a rear axle assembly as you can see. but no big deal. gonna put this aside till i finish the other 250r. i am not sure what the head pipe is but its big. the silencer is a CT. first time i have seen one for an R. if time permits wioth the other bike i might just throw this together for trikefest lol.

Lots_Of_Nothing
05-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Oh man.. that heapipe pipe looks CT also. Handmade. What is with you?!? Finding all this awesome R stuff. Man you make me jealous. Good score !

trikerider2oo7
05-14-2005, 01:57 PM
sweet find mike

Huffa
05-14-2005, 02:24 PM
That's so much fun, finding great finds!

I love it espeicially because it is white. Looks really decent too.

How much $$ you shell out?

Oldshell4481
05-14-2005, 02:32 PM
man that white looks killer, very nice find.

mike from long island
05-14-2005, 02:59 PM
i found it on this board. the gentlmen was selling it here in the classifieds. we have been emailing each other for awhile now. he finally got a free night and i shot up there to get it. i needed it for my orginal 85 R. but now i am going to fix this one as well. the worst thing with it,is the chain broke the case. doesnt look to bad but i havent cleaned all the oil and grease up yet. either way i will try and get it welded. as for a price you are all gonna cry. he was asking $400. once i saw the bike and talk to the guy thats what i paid. he is going to try and find the rest of the rear end. he used the axle for another bike. so ill need one of those.no big deal. anyways it was nice to meet and talk to guy. he had a couple of other bikes too. a honda odyessy 350 too. later

Blown 331
05-14-2005, 03:06 PM
OMG, you stole that thing! I really don't care for white bikes but that thing is just awesome. I didn't even know a pipe like that existed.

ScottZJ
05-14-2005, 03:16 PM
NIce snag bra, and love the white. That freakin desert tank is one big mother too hehehe.

mike from long island
05-14-2005, 03:25 PM
white diffently is different. it scratched up but the nice thing about white is you can clean it up really nice. and scoot that tank is bigger then you think too its huge!!!! the guy i bought it from has ims tanks on most of his bikes. he likes to ride alot at a time and two strokes burn threw gas. i am thinking maybe (good luck finding one) getting the missle kit for it whatcha think?

ScottZJ
05-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Yeah think you would be hard pressed to find one esp at a good price. Let me know if you want to get rid of any of the white. hehehe

oh here is my desert new OEM tank(alittle scratched but new) I got, so yes I know they are huge hehehe.

mike from long island
05-14-2005, 05:37 PM
that isnt the gas tank you out bid me on is it? i thought it was a stock tank we well we were fighting for i put a price in and your bid was higher. not sure what i am going to do with the bike yet. after looking it over i dont think the case is saveable. the frame is shot too.few other things but still everything else is very good. i have another frame, . i am going to take it apart and just stoe the good parts for now hopefully i got a rear swinger in the works only time and money will tell for this machine i gotta finish the other R

hrc85250r
05-14-2005, 09:07 PM
that pipe looks like mine, except yurs is chromed....

Mike Fort Laud
05-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Is it stock?? May have some CT motor work done to it.........

mike from long island
05-15-2005, 02:38 PM
i am not sure if it is stock ill ask the previous owner about any work done. that would cool just like the 85 250r Selvys Perfomance jug and silencer. you never know lol