PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 3wheeler and 4wheeler tranny compatabiliy

350x'inNY
05-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Hey... was wondering. That guy that's working on my lawn mower also has an older Yamaha 250 Moto-4 he's working on that had the tranny grenade in it. The motor looks nearly identical to a 225DX. In fact, it says 229cc on it while the 225DX is a 223cc. The sub tranny w/reverse, side covers, cam cover, driveshaft etc look identical.

Does anyone know.....

A.) Are the innard tranny's the same on the 225DX and the 250 Timberwolf/Moto-4???

B.) Are the innard tranny's on a 225DX and a 225DR the same?

c.) Are the reverse subtranny for the 200ERN the same as 225DRN/DRS and the Moto-4's?

I have one 200 shaft lower, 2 - 225DX lowers and only one 225DRN lower. I think I need to use the subtranny on my 200ERN I got from Holic... noises may be further in....so I'd like to keep that lower.

I think last year we came to the conclusion that a DR/ER reverse subtranny would NOT bolt onto a regular DX/E crankcase housing. Any support or deny that statement????

Ideally, if the 225DX tranny/gears is the same as the 250 Moto-4 w/reverse, I'd give up one of those motors to trade it for the mint complete BLUE 110 front end!

Bruce

edog
05-13-2005, 10:25 AM
There are slite differsances in them.Most parts are interchangeable.Yamaha tried to stay with the stuff that was working for them.If it ain't broke then don't fix it.

Trikeaholic
05-13-2005, 11:19 AM
bruce, you remember correctly, the inner case is slightly different, the DX case will not accept the assist spring rod thingy, but it will bolt on, whether it would work or not, who knows. I bet the guts are the same, esp. if a reverse model.