PDA

View Full Version : 200x Engine problems

bassman
05-12-2005, 08:14 PM
The other day I was riding on my trails and what not. So I was putting along and all the sudden it wouldn't rev up, and I thought it was losing power. But since I wasn't but 200 feet to my house, I just puttered there.
As soon as I got up to the house I shut 'er off. I checked the oil level and it was dry :eek:
So I filled it up and I started it up. It started right up but it didn't rev and it was making a wierd noise, but I can't remember exactly what it sounded like. But it wasn't right. So I shut it off, let it cool off and I a little bit of oil in the spark plug hole. But I think I put way to much in. There is like no compression now. and it WILL NOT start what so ever. And I've narrowed it down to too much oil.
My question is: How do I get the oil out? DO I let it set for a long time and let it drain out? Is there a special way to doing it? I took off the exhaust to see if any oil or anything was coming out and all that was coming out was a little smoke.

83185s
05-12-2005, 10:46 PM
tkae off your echaust header and kick it over..but dont try to start it just kick it over and it will spit alot of it out..are you sure that your flywheel key isnt sheared?? thats what mine did and i didnt realize it was that..i took the whole engine off and ripped apart the top end..rebuilt it and then discovered it was only my flywheel key...the way you described it sounds like what happened to mine but now i have no spark so i think my coil and cdi are bad...anywa.. check your flywheel key..