PDA

View Full Version : ATC 110 tuning question

coolatc
05-10-2005, 03:17 PM
I just rebuilt the top end on my 83 110. I put new valve seals, valves, piston, rings, wrist pin, clips etc. I used a new gasket kit and everything went together perfectly. In fact when I gased it up, it started on the 8th pull. I then set the timing with a timing light and adjusted the valves. There are no leaks and it runs pretty good. It starts 1st pull with my thumb slightly on the throttle.

I do see some smoke when it cranks up and while riding it? It appears to be running rich. This may be causing the slight hesitation when I romp the throttle. If I gradually give it gas it runs great, when the rpms are up it runs great. Do I have a carb out of adjustment? Should I lower the needle valve? Not sure what the fuel/air screw does. I've tried it almost all the way in and all the way out with no noticable difference in performance.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

MTS
05-10-2005, 04:29 PM
sounds like you are runnig a little rich, try giving you air screw a half turn-1 turn out, it could also be left over oil in the pipe from befor the rebuild, too, but i think its rich becuse you have to tap the throttel when you start it.

rally4x4racer
07-17-2006, 11:16 AM
i see this was about a year ago - did you ever get it figured out? I have a similar prob - just tore completely down and rebuilt.. and havent had a chance to barely brake it in - I just set the timing by hand and would be interested in the procedure for using the timing light -

mine is probably running lean... I put the K&N filter on it and dug up a larger
(#92) main jet but I still think it is running to lean (coughs out the intake a bit)

UPDATE: hmmm - its wetting the plug with fuel.. which means rich - man im confused

thanks