PDA

View Full Version : Finally Pics of my 350x

ThreeWheeling
05-09-2005, 09:56 PM
I just finally figured out how to add pics to this site!! Sorry Im not the best with computers they come a long way since pong.
I road it all summer and November started taking it apart. Its been a blast working on it cant wait to start another one.
The first pic is from the day I brought it home the rest are the rebuild. All bearings replaced and sandblasted everything. Mainly stock but the Durablue +4 axel and Roll Design foot pegs both make trail riding much better (IMO). I had to put a different frame on it due to the orignal was tweeked and welded bad. All Im waiting for is the cab, its being rebuilt. But I just found a dipped and powder coated frame cheep. So Im thinking of switching everything over as soon as the frame arives. I really want to ride it though.

Any Wisconsin trike riders here?? :beer

Maine_Triker
05-09-2005, 10:00 PM
SWWWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT.........

Gotta love the extended axle!!!!

Are you keeping the hi-flite seat or getting a 'normal' one?

Phil

threewheelin-feelin
05-09-2005, 10:01 PM
sweet man.....looking good on the rebuild.....i hope to being doing the complete tear down and sand blasting the frame on my 350x at some point.....got to get it running first

ThreeWheeling
05-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I thing I going to keep it. Its soaks the woops up nice. I havent seen many around, do they make them anymore? Its in mint shape.

Maine_Triker
05-09-2005, 10:07 PM
I think they are still made. 350X'inNY has one on his 250R, and Fox250r has a nice one on his R.

83185s
05-09-2005, 10:10 PM
that thing looks bad!! i ought to do some of that to my 200x...but i cant wait to ride it all the time...ill prolly put the engine on the 185..lol..ride that while i get the 200x lookin really good...that thing looks sweet man..how do * like the extended axle?? i was thinkin about gettin one

ThreeWheeling
05-09-2005, 10:16 PM
The one thing I do not like about the axel is, the sprocket hub covers the grease zerk for the aftermarket bearing carrier. So to grease the carrier I have to tear down the axel. Any help out there for this??

ThreeWheeling
05-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Other wise the axel ROCKS.

350x'inNY
05-09-2005, 11:20 PM
I thing I going to keep it. Its soaks the woops up nice. I havent seen many around, do they make them anymore? Its in mint shape.

www.hi-flite.com Checker out! Nice X btw....

toyota200x
05-10-2005, 10:14 AM
I didn't know anyone made those footpegs for a 350x. They look nice. I like the seat.

Xowner
05-10-2005, 10:39 AM
yes were did you get the foot pegs? and were did you get the axel and is it adjustable?

F7Firecat
05-10-2005, 10:49 AM
I just finally figured out how to add pics to this site!! Sorry Im not the best with computers they come a long way since pong.
I road it all summer and November started taking it apart. Its been a blast working on it cant wait to start another one.
The first pic is from the day I brought it home the rest are the rebuild. All bearings replaced and sandblasted everything. Mainly stock but the Durablue +4 axel and Roll Design foot pegs both make trail riding much better (IMO). I had to put a different frame on it due to the orignal was tweeked and welded bad. All Im waiting for is the cab, its being rebuilt. But I just found a dipped and powder coated frame cheep. So Im thinking of switching everything over as soon as the frame arives. I really want to ride it though.

Any Wisconsin trike riders here?? :beer

There are a few of us here from Wisconsin LOL. I`m from Chetek & there are a quite a few more but they haven`t chimed in yet. Nice X . Later, Jim

OldSchoolin86
05-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Nice X. I'm from the milwaukee area. Where are you from?

lisnup65
05-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Nice X. I am from Kenosha(Kenowhere).

dividebyzero
05-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey Jim,the x is looking good buddy.Thanks for the pics!You painting the exhaust yourself?Did you get my pm?

ThreeWheeling
05-10-2005, 03:49 PM
yes were did you get the foot pegs? and were did you get the axel and is it adjustable?

The pegs and axel came with the trike, I believe Rocky Mountain has the axel. Pegs have a plate made to bolt onto the peg holes in the frame. They are spring loaded, if something hits them they will lift up and spring back down. Kind of nice, lots of room for your feet.

ThreeWheeling
05-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Hey Jim,the x is looking good buddy.Thanks for the pics!You painting the exhaust yourself?Did you get my pm?

I got your PM. Just wrote back to you. Let me know if it went through. I sand blasted the header pipe and spray bombed it with high temp exhaust paint. Im sure it will burn off in time, but it looks nice now. The rest of the pipe is DG.

For all the cheeseheads I live in the Dells area. I usually ride and camp at Black River. Get this..... Last time I was there some kids on 4 wheelers asked me why I cut of the front two wheels and put one up front LOL. They didnt believe me that is how it came new. I told them to go to this webb site. I didnt think I was that old.

Yardbird
05-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Last time I was there some kids on 4 wheelers asked me why I cut of the front two wheels and put one up front LOL. They didnt believe me that is how it came new. I told them to go to this webb site. I didnt think I was that old.

LOL now that's funny. Nice job on the resto and like the pegs! :TrikesOwn

AirManCam
05-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Man, them pegs look like they have some leverage against your footpeg bolts LOL.

Xowner
05-11-2005, 04:01 PM
hey man can you get a couple of close of pics of those pegs i wanna see if i can get a set for mine i hate them narrow stock ones

Yamahammer490
05-12-2005, 04:03 PM
That's a nice 350X.

I'm from Winneconne, Wisconsin up by Oshkosh.

ThreeWheeling
05-12-2005, 07:32 PM
Got some close ups of the pegs. Here is the web site for the pegs, not much for 3wheelers though http://www.imsproducts.com/

Dont know if the mounts for the pegs are Factory, if there not they did a nice job on them. The 45 at the end of the peg is really nice for turns.

Got a pic of the new frame. Its in mint shape. Been dipped and powdercoated. Just got to switch everything over, waiting for steering stem bearings. They are such a joy to install.....................

Xowner
05-12-2005, 08:47 PM
thats awsome man but i cant see were the pegs pivot at thats what i need sry to be a jerk

frames looking good man

ThreeWheeling
05-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Hope this helps. What do you guys think, should I be doing watch commercials with those beautiful hands. :o lol