PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on best way to sell 3-wheelers

Blown 331
05-09-2005, 10:18 AM
I'm thinking about selling a pair of 225DX's to finance a 350X. Either a really nice one or I would restore one. I'm obviously trying to get everything I can for them so I'm thinking ebay is the way to go. They both run great but aren't the nicest. If the two were put together you could have a pretty nice one. So I was wonding if it would be best to list them toghether or seperate?

My yellow one has pretty nice plastic but is faded, tear in seat too. The electric start works and has a brand new battery. It's missing one tank cover. Almost new tires and all brakes work, even parking brake! I rebuilt the starter motor and the pull start. Headlight works. Smokes a little bit and the steering stem bearing are a bit loose, you can't notice though. The clutch is a little weak and the motor is kinda noisey. Oil also comes out of the air box.

The blue one has really beat up plastic. Most of the wiring is gone and everything associated with the rear brakes is missing! Nice tires and this one smokes bad. It runs great and the motor seems to be in excellent shape. Headlight also works.

What do you think? List them together or seperate? I'm not sure I have the patience to part them out. I know the pull starts and the rear ends are worth some money. Or I could fix a few of the problems but I'm sure I wouldn't get my money back out of them that way. I do hate to get rid of them, I kinda like them but I think a 350X would be a nice addition.

BIGCRIP28
05-09-2005, 10:32 AM
i think you could get more money if you sell them seperately and they would probably sell quicker.

Blown 331
05-09-2005, 01:21 PM
That's what most people are telling me is to list them seperate. I was thinking list them together since they could be combined into a pretty nice on then still sell the other as a rideable bike. I'm hoping for around $700 or $800 for the pair. I don't think that will be hard after searching ebay's completed items for 225DX's.

BIGCRIP28
05-09-2005, 03:00 PM
around here you could definitely get that much for them.

max
05-09-2005, 03:25 PM
I Might Have One For You. Let Me Know If Your Interested And Ill Send You Some Pics And Details.

Max

Ps Otherwise I Might Have It For Sale At Trike Fest

Blown 331
05-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Give me some details on the 350X, PM me if you like. And do you want to partial trade for some 225DX's? Doubt it on the trade but I had to ask.

phreakboy
05-09-2005, 08:46 PM
the best way is to sell them seperate on ebay, start the listing at about 3 in the afternoon on sunday with a seven day auction, also you would get the best results if you list them different weeks.

Huffa
05-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Thats a tuff call on seperate or together. I think it highly depends who is bidding on them.

I think if it was me bidding and saw it was the same seller I'd want both of them to make one good one just like you are saying or not at all.

Each 225 compliments the other by showing that a solid trike can be made from the two and that might attract more bidding.

I'm sure if they were seperate some will notice but then what if the guy loses out on the one? Thats the way I look at it as a buyer and why I wouldn't bid.

Although you could mention I guess that you have another one on and if a "buy it now" price is agreed upon then the sale will be ended on both. Not sure if you can do that or not? I always just bought on ebay and never sold anything so am not quite sure of all the rules.

hotroddal
05-09-2005, 09:15 PM
aound were i live ya would be lucky to get $300 out of them, not to drag ya down or anything but they sound like total beaters, but the best place to sell them would be on ebay seperately.

dblshockpower
05-09-2005, 09:35 PM
I'd go seperate, side by side auctions... seconds apart.

Huffa
05-09-2005, 10:03 PM
I'd go seperate, side by side auctions... seconds apart.

I must be missing something?

How is that going to work if someone is interested in both?

edit: I was just thinking of my way of bidding, that is waiting till the last few seconds.

I still think a few hours apart would be better.

Huffa
05-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Ya know, parting them out on here might not be a bad idea?

Choke cables alone go for a good 15-20. Ignition switches 10-20. Dash assembly 10-20. Wire harness 15-20 forks a good 25 -35 triple clamps 15 or so.

Pull starts 20-30 or so. ........... and you still have a ton of parts to go.

I think it would be fun wheeling and dealing :D

How are the seats on those. I could use one. And a pair of foot pegs and a few tires and some cables and levers and a skid plate and a ............ :D

dblshockpower
05-09-2005, 10:26 PM
I must be missing something?

How is that going to work if someone is interested in both?

edit: I was just thinking of my way of bidding, that is waiting till the last few seconds.

I still think a few hours apart would be better.

I've never seen the "twins" type auctions do very well..spose you have 6 potential buyers of a low priced atv how many would be able to afford two?..none of them I'd guess..and the high roller? he could put 2+2 together and bid both cause they're right next to each other on the roster list...jmho.

mad_max
05-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Ya know, parting them out on here might not be a bad idea

Parting them out (at least on ebay) will bring more money than selling them whole.................now I'm running for cover before someone flames my arse!

bigyellow4x4
05-09-2005, 10:37 PM
put up nice one on ebay so pics of 2 one and say sell has opions to buy both if he wants to. of some one might need pats and you could sell it to them? just my 2 cents

seagullplayer
05-10-2005, 08:40 AM
I would sell them seperate. But I would try local first, isn't shipping a whole three wheeler kind of $$? Now if you parted one on E-bay, shipping would not be as big an issue, and maybe sold the other local?

Maybe shipping is not that big of an issue, I drove 16 hours once, just to pickup an old HD Sprint for my bother...

Blown 331
05-10-2005, 08:49 AM
aound were i live ya would be lucky to get $300 out of them, not to drag ya down or anything but they sound like total beaters, but the best place to sell them would be on ebay seperately.

lol, well they are kind of beaters. I would probably be happy with $350 each so you didn't insult me or anything. If you check completed acutions there is one that sold for $250 and it looked way worse than mine and didn't run. I think if I put them both on ebay seperatly I will be happy with whatever they go for. I have a 250R motor on the way so once I have that running I'm gonna focus on selling these and looking for a 350X.

Rex Karz
05-10-2005, 09:41 PM
List one of them, also in listing say available local, may end at any time and if bids are too low. Mention that another is available. In heading try to list all available combinations of 225DX, 225 DX, Three wheeler, etc. End on sunday evening. Cancel bidders of flakes. Check out via email and feedack history. Insert ads in all free local rags (first?). Expect to re-list, people flake a lot on Trikes. If possible at all, just avoid e-bay and market it locally!

RideRed250R
05-10-2005, 10:04 PM
put them up for 500 a peice and they will be gone before the weeks over, my 185s have already gotten calls and people coming over tonight and its been first day of the internet ad.
adam