PDA

View Full Version : 85 200x? maybe electrical

keith
01-31-2003, 07:53 PM
OK Here we go bought with it running 5-10 kicks, well found out case was cracked,which ruined cam,chain, adjuster, guide, and cam chain adjuster part on bottom, the lever. Replaced all of it with new and even replaced kickstart spring while open. All marks are lined up T's and 0's advance and its all good! Oh also stripped plug fixed now using BR8ES its just bigger arround same plug. I checked my resistances on coil and the advance good on the ohm meter. I tried testing the cdi can't figure that out all pins to each other are open, it also looks like the 200e cdi in the book. My spark is there but weak. Ive kicked my foot to death and only one flame out the rear, with either. Even put the origional cam back in, nothing could any electrical part keep it from running and still have some spark? Help, any will do?

whiteman350x
02-01-2003, 10:40 AM
I had the same prob w/ my 83 200x. Turned out to be the stator. Intermentent fire that was very weak, turned into good blue w/ stator replacement. Luckily, I had another engine to get the stator from. It would be an expensive experiment if you bought a new one and it wasn't your prob. P.S. my stator metered properly and it still didn't work.

keith
02-01-2003, 10:18 PM
The f##%^ air gap on the pulse rotor wasn't, This @@%$in nightmare and all it was besides replacing those bad parts. Now it runs like a raped ape, sweet. Thank you everyone for your help!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

whiteman350x
02-02-2003, 10:29 AM
Glad to hear you got it going. Have fun!