PDA

View Full Version : rear bearings are no fun!

mn-250r-atc
05-09-2005, 12:53 AM
I had a noise in the rear and a buddy said it was my chain so i got a new one and threw it on and the noise got worse so i tore apart the rear bearing carrier to find out my carrier was all cracked and the bearing exploded. so thanks to howdyfrom3wheelerworld I won a good used carrier on ebay. I also put a new piston and rings and had the cylinder honed and bought some new titan turf tamers 18x9.5x8 and i cant wait to try them out. now I am just waiting for the bearings to arrive so I can ride. :w00t:

Howdy
05-09-2005, 09:29 AM
so thanks to howdyfrom3wheelerworld I won a good used carrier on ebay.

I heard that ebay'r is a royal pain in the rear. lol j/k

If I knew you were going to need bearings I could have set you up. Heck I would have even installed them for you before shipping.
Howdy

mn-250r-atc
05-09-2005, 11:00 AM
I heard that ebay'r is a royal pain in the rear. lol j/k

If I knew you were going to need bearings I could have set you up. Heck I would have even installed them for you before shipping.
Howdy

hey Howdy thats alright I needed to learn how to do it anyway, this is my first bearing experience. thanks though.

hotroddal
05-09-2005, 10:20 PM
mn-250r-atc were in minnesota are you located, i cant find no one around were i live that i can ride with, anyways im in MTN.Iron Mn.

ChupaCabra
05-10-2005, 04:24 AM
Make sure before you press the bearing in the other side that you put that spacer back in there. I had to replace an exploded bearing on my 92 trx250x and I found I left the spacer out after I had reassembled it. I wasn't about to tear it down again so I've been running it as is with no problems so far, but I assume i may have premature bearing failure in the future.

It was a pain in the rear to remove what was left of the grenaded bearing from the carrier. I carefully cut it with a plasma cutter and pried it out with a screwdriver.