PDA

View Full Version : Jumping trikes

yamahaman89
05-08-2005, 10:09 PM
What all could go wrong when you jump a 200x? My shcok is bad too. Should i let some air out of my tires?

ATCWRENCH
05-08-2005, 10:13 PM
get the suspension fixed first then think about jumping

ScottZJ
05-08-2005, 10:24 PM
break frames, axles, bend wheels

Wickedfinger
05-08-2005, 10:27 PM
What all could go wrong when you jump a 200x? My shock is bad too.No, No, No, No, No, No. ..... I don't think a shock shaft jammed up your rear from it smashing through your trike due to no dampening would feel so hot. You are going to pogo out of control and hurt yourself. Small jumps would be ok I guess - but - I get the feeling thats not what you were talking about.

Dammit!
05-09-2005, 01:36 AM
As much as I love the 200x, it is not a good jumping trike. They bottom out very easily even with the shocks in perfect condition and when they bottom out the frame smacks the ground, the stock baffle smacks the rear axle (and the brake caliper once the axle loosens it up a bit) and the axles don't hold up all that great either. Small jumps are ok but if you want to get some big air on a trike, get an R or a Tri-Z or something.

Meat-BoX
05-09-2005, 05:23 AM
Spend about $60.00 and get the Front and Rear rebuilt. If you know someone. Change the oil, it breaks down fast. Check to see if it needs a charge. Mine does, its all rebuilt but without that gas I just bounce up and down, lucky for me I learned my lesson by only Smashing the Stock pipe a bit. The caps off my Truck its gettin Charged this week. woo hoo

Huffa
05-09-2005, 06:00 AM
By motoxing mine I cracked the swingarm back by the adjusting slots.

You could put a heavier spring on it + have the shock damping revalved. If no "kits" are available (probably not) I'll bet a suspension company, just by looking at it, can revalve it or weld up the damping oil passage holes and make them smaller to slow down the flow of oil.

Front forks go to a heavier spring and a 20W fork oil or so and increase oil level a bit from factory specs.

There are so many companies out there I'm sure you could find someone to set it up for you.

I'm going down to my racetech guy this week sometime. I'll ask for you.

Cheaper (I think) route for rear would be to put a 250 R shock on, if it would fit that is.

400ccHomemade
05-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Well, one thing I don't like about jumping my trikes is if you land cockeyed, you can get pretty out of shape. For example, if you land left tires first, you slam to the right and almost get bucked off.

yamahaman89
05-09-2005, 09:06 AM
no i am only talking about small jumps. and my dealer near me said you can not rebulid 200x shocks

200xracer18
05-09-2005, 09:13 AM
EDIT: don't bypass the word filter!

OldSchoolin86
3WW Moderator

jmack3986
05-09-2005, 09:16 AM
sorry yamahaman but you can rebuild forks on a x. hear is what you do to get a stiffer front so you can jump the x. i jumped and cleared a 40 foot double yesarday on my x. first was over shoot second under shot. alright back to forks. they make a stiffer spring get that for 60 dollars next get 7.5wt fork oil. third cut a piece of pipe about one inch in hieght place it on top your new stiffer spring third reasemble and you r ready to ride

jmack3986
05-09-2005, 09:24 AM
i am also finding ways to stiffen up the rear shock. you can get the shocks revaled. the rear i would suggest a 300ex aftermarket race shock.seat height is about the same between the quad and trike along with travel.next thing i am going to have to do. it will cost about 300 for rear race shock but Money well spent. i will check and see what i can find as far as revalving goes. it helps but you still need a stiffer spring and what i said earlier

yamahaman89
05-09-2005, 09:54 AM
no its my rear shock thats bad