PDA

View Full Version : honda200s1984 - Thank you so much - great 225!

Huffa
05-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Honestly this thing will turn out every but as good as my others. Not bad, not bad at ALL :D

I took a measly hour to wash the thing up 1/2 decent and it's amazing what a simple wash job did for it.

If the motor turns out to run decent, which I see no reason why not, this thing will end up being nicer then your 200S!

The muffler which I thought was rust was only dirt! Fine shape it is.

The seat only needs to be patched at the location shown and small typical minor ones that tear at the seams underneath. the ones underneath just need to be stitched back up.

The bars I straigten out with my own HE-MAN :D strength. Well not totaly but a heck of a lot better then they were.

The camo paint seemed to preserve the schroud graphics also. I took 10 minutes with super fine steel wool and look at it.........IT's GREAT!

It really doesn't look all that bad with that paint job either. When I 1st saw it I thought who would do such a thing :rolleyes:, but all in all it's not so bad. I will take it off though.

The rear fender mud flaps (all 4) are A-OK also. Rear fender should come out really nice also.

Anyway here are some wash job picks. NO WAY is this turning into a parts bike. Most likely set till winter or at least till i get my other 2 done.

Thanks again!!! :beer

Huffa
05-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Even the rear turned out 1/2 decent.

Trike need alot of TLC yet but for sure it will come out looking fine.

Hey, that light schroud you gave me, it's for a 200 but will still fit I see.

Learn something new everyday about these things.

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Wow! That cleaned up nice! Good job

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 08:50 PM
That engine looks awesome!

Huffa
05-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Hey thanks.

Give me a few months and you'll wish you had kept it.

Maybe I'll sell it back to you but you'll have to drive alllllllll the way out here this time.

I'll have a coke ready for your mom and a :beer for your Uncle. :D

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey thanks.

Give me a few months and you'll wish you had kept it.

Maybe I'll sell it back to you but you'll have to drive alllllllll the way out here this time.

I'll have a coke ready for your mom :D
Haha :TrikesOwn

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 09:03 PM
If you are gonna get it runnin and stuff i cant wait to see the finished product

Oldshell4481
05-08-2005, 09:03 PM
i like that with the camo she looks animal.

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Even the rear turned out 1/2 decent.

Trike need alot of TLC yet but for sure it will come out looking fine.

Hey, that light schroud you gave me, it's for a 200 but will still fit I see.

Learn something new everyday about these things.
Really? I think thats what came with it... it was on and worked before... :D

chris200x
05-08-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't know why people need eveything camoflauged...Don't they Know deer are colorblind?

Huffa...Your gonna have to start building an addition on to your garage pretty soon. Next time you come across a $100 trike let ME know! My 200x is quite lonely. lol

BTW nice score

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 09:22 PM
I don't know why people need eveything camophlaged...Don't they Know deer are colorblind?

Huffa...Your gonna have to start building an addition on to your garage pretty soon. Next time you come across a $100 trike let ME know! My 200x is quite lonely. lol

BTW nice score
Chrisr200x-Where abouts in PA are you... if i sell a trike for cheap ill drop ya a PM!! :D

Huffa
05-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Where abouts in PA are you... if i sell a trike for cheap ill drop ya a PM!!

Slatington PA - You did the mapquest for me so you should know???

Waaaaay east of you. 287 miles to be exact and 4.5 hours or so.

:wondering I noticed something peculiar about the way the engine is painted

Both 83 & 84 that I have, have the inside cases NOT painted. This 83 is painted but appears to be factory. I mean it looks factory but I don't see how that could be on the same years having 2 different paint schemes?

Did you paint that and if so it's holding up quite well. Paint on the cylinder & head are stock for sure and held up better then my other ones!

ALWAYS keep me in mind if you see a trike for sale, even if it looked as crappy as yours did. :D

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Slatington PA - You did the mapquest for me so you should know???

Waaaaay east of you. 287 miles to be exact and 4.5 hours or so.

Both 83 & 84 that I have, have the inside cases NOT painted. This 83 is painted but appears to be factory. I mean it looks factory but I don't see how that could be on the same years having 2 different paint schemes?

Did you paint that and if so it's holding up quite well. Paint on the cylinder & head are stock for sure and held up bit better then my other ones!
Oh about where in Pa are you I was talking to chrisr200x lol... but no i didnt do anything to the engine... it is in the exact condition as i bought it ;)

Huffa
05-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Chris is about 40 minutes from me up in Beaver Meadows. Oh yea, Isee you adress that to Chris. I must be blind too?

Hey, maybe that was a one off paint job Yamaha did and you sold me the only one made!

chris200x
05-08-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm right outside of Hazleton, Pa. About 5 hours east of Pittsburg. I live in EAGLE country! lol

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Chris is about 40 minutes from me up in Beaver Meadows. Oh yea, Isee you adress that to Chris. I must be blind too?

Hey, maybe that was a one off paint job Yamaha did and you sold me the only one made!
I addressed that to chris after you got mixed up lol... so it seems you live around eachother

Huffa
05-08-2005, 09:49 PM
I addressed that to chris after you got mixed up lol... so it seems you live around eachother

Considering how far away most members are, I guess you could call us neighbors.

350x'inNY
05-08-2005, 09:52 PM

:D

I (well, theolderfox actually) replaced the head on my YTM200ERN I bought from Holic with one of the many Yammie parts I have here. The other head was tagged as a YTM200EK head. Didn't notice it til we got it on there, but the 200ERN head is black, and this head was a grey. Didn't even notice or think about it til it was done. It looked like the factory paint, I haven't looked around yet at factory pics to see if that's the way it's suppose to be. Also starting to wonder if it was mislabelled and it was a head from a chain drive model.

Bruce

PS - Oh... I see it's fine to go galavanting around PA yesterday, but too good to come up to NY! :confused: hahahhhaaha

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Yup...I dont think anyone is from 3ww around here :(

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Ill need to find more 225's for ya Huffa... Just so i could talk to someone from 3ww once in a while.... none of my friends have quads or trikes... so i think i need new friends haha

Maine_Triker
05-08-2005, 10:00 PM
That cammo doesn't look so bad, I would too get rid of it tho for the stock yellow.

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Also... even though i like my trike... i would like to see it become nicer than mine... that would be awesome because the previous owner was a great friend of ours and recently passed away. But anyway... just put it to good use... ;)

Mike_Ham_250R
05-08-2005, 10:03 PM
That cammo doesn't look so bad, I would too get rid of it tho for the stock yellow.
Before i sold it to him i started scrubbing with a brillo pad on the one side which brought back the yellow so he had no choice

Huffa
05-08-2005, 10:09 PM

Yea, it even looks better then in the picture actually but still, it's got to go.

Huffa
05-08-2005, 10:17 PM
:wondering My digital camera is capable of much clearer pictures then that.

Wonder if I changed a setting or something?

It's a 3.2 mega pixel job and know they used to be MUCH clearer.

I could sit a whole day reading the directions in the manual and still not know everything :rolleyes:

chris200x
05-08-2005, 10:22 PM
I forgot to ask you huffa... Are those forks bent on that Yami? That seems to be a weak point on all the 225's.

Now what you need to find is one with BEAUTIFUL sky blue plastics. lol The one I had was black. I wonder if they came in any other color schemes (doubt it though) Red and gold I think would of been awesome. Or you could just buy a Honda lol.

Maine_Triker
05-08-2005, 10:25 PM
:wondering My digital camera is capable of much clearer pictures then that.

Wonder if I changed a setting or something?

It's a 3.2 mega pixel job and know they used to be MUCH clearer.

I could sit a whole day reading the directions in the manual and still not know everything :rolleyes:

Could be that it got 'dirty'. They do that after a while and don't take good pics no more.

I can beat your mega pixels, ours is a 6.1 :naughty: :naughty: hahaha

Huffa
05-08-2005, 10:31 PM
I forgot to ask you huffa... Are those forks bent on that Yami? That seems to be a weak point on all the 225's.

Now what you need to find is one with BEAUTIFUL sky blue plastics. lol The one I had was black. I wonder if they came in any other color schemes (doubt it though) Red and gold I think would of been awesome. Or you could just buy a Honda lol.

The L one (as your looking at this picture) is bent. The right one appears straight.

Funny thing is that the straight one only goes up about 2" or so then locks up and stays in that position. When I got home I had to take a board and set it on the brake stay that's cast into the fork and tap it back down.

Pretty cool that I didn't have to take my trailer all the way out there. Worked out great.

chris200x
05-08-2005, 10:35 PM
The L one (as your looking at this picture) is bent. The right one appears straight.

Funny thing is that the straight one only goes up about 2" or so then locks up and stays in that position. When I got home I had to take a board and set it on the brake stay that's cast into the fork and tap it back down.

Pretty cool that I didn't have to take my trailer all the way out there. Worked out great.

ROTFLMAO!!! I guess your wife still has the trailer filled up with gardening supplies :D

350x'inNY
05-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Bruce

PS - Oh... I see it's fine to go galavanting around PA yesterday, but too good to come up to NY! :confused: hahahhhaaha

No comment Huffa? :naughty:

Huffa
05-08-2005, 11:03 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! I guess your wife still has the trailer filled up with gardening supplies :D

ha-ha-ha :D No, she doesn't but to cart that thing waaay out there knowing full well (I measured) it will fit in the back would be a huge waste of gas.

Now I know I could do that same set up for up your way, if I had to.

faf_racing
05-08-2005, 11:11 PM
WATCH OUT! The incredible Hulk is coming for his Trike! haha thats my first thought maybe stupid but paint that!! please, good god??

Huffa
05-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by 350x'inNY

Bruce

PS - Oh... I see it's fine to go galavanting around PA yesterday, but too good to come up to NY! hahahhhaaha

I missed that somehow.

I was wondering if you thought something along those lines.

That was TODAY though that I got it. Left at 5:30am and got back home at 3:42. Not too shabby for giong all the way out to Pittsburg.

Once I do get up your way, belive me, I'll be there bright and early!

When I took MX 600's 200S frame up to him they were just waking up when I got to the door. Well almost, as the coffee was just brewing and he had that "just woke up" look to him.

BTW - I'm on here alot of times at 5-6am or so just in case you need some morning advise on something. :D

350x'inNY
05-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by 350x'inNY

Bruce

PS - Oh... I see it's fine to go galavanting around PA yesterday, but too good to come up to NY! hahahhhaaha

I missed that somehow.

I was wondering if you thought something along those lines.

That was TODAY though that I got it. Left at 5:30am and got back home at 3:42. Not too shabby for giong all the way out to Pittsburg.

Once I do get up your way, belive me, I'll be there bright and early!

When I took MX 600's 200S frame up to him they were just waking up when I got to the door. Well almost, as the coffee was just brewing and he had that "just woke up" look to him.

BTW - I'm on here alot of times at 5-6am or so just in case you need some morning advise on something. :D

Pittsburg? Yikes! You actually went a bit West of me. You should have come North and saw me today! hahahaa If you went to MX600's, you should have just zipped across Route 17/I-86 to my house!

Look forward to getting you up here to NY. Any plans next weekend? Big festival weekend in my town.

Bruce

Huffa
05-08-2005, 11:23 PM
WATCH OUT! The incredible Hulk is coming for his Trike! haha thats my first thought maybe stupid but paint that!! please, good god??

That would be a good trike for the Hulk.

.......and you mean un-paint it as that will surley come off.

I would like to have it "different" though then the other 2 but then again my step brother has a 6 X 10 or 12 box 84?? Toyota pickup that is the Herts yellow.

Very cool truck and quite rare. Has the indestrutable 2.2 motor in it that just goes and goes. Not a lot of power but it gets the job done.

We just might put the Yamahauler logo on the side and turn it into a trike carring mobile. Every one has these high fashion rigs now a days (well, except me :D ). I think it's cooler to show up in something no one has.

Darius1502
05-09-2005, 12:15 AM
I would use paint stripper on the plastic...but make sure I am not wrong about that!!

Huffa
05-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Pittsburg? Yikes! You actually went a bit West of me. You should have come North and saw me today! hahahaa If you went to MX600's, you should have just zipped across Route 17/I-86 to my house!

Look forward to getting you up here to NY. Any plans next weekend? Big festival weekend in my town.

Bruce

Festival? What's to do - see? Both days?

Yea, I drove right thru where they filmed that Bruce Willis movie but can't remember the name of it. Great movie btw.

My wife thinks this is a parts bike. Well actually it is for the time being and will just make a list of what i took off, keep it by computer and start eyeing ebay again or buzzing some from you.

This is my greatest hobbie ever! :D

Between you and me we could start a 225 specialty shop and have a nice store. edog could help out too and be the custodian.

edog
05-09-2005, 07:11 AM
Nice trike,looking good.You need a nice sky blue plastic 225 now.

mx600
05-09-2005, 09:41 AM

Don't you know me by now? I always look like that... :Bounce