PDA

View Full Version : 200x problem.....HELP!

83185s
05-07-2005, 11:38 PM
ewll heres wat happened from the beginning...i was out riding with this guy on a raptor 660...i was racin him and yea i know..i lost..but that aint the point..anyway...all of the sudden when im goin down the road beside him..it sounds like its gonna die out...like really it just shut off...but when it got to a really low rpm it stayed runnin...well i got home with it runnin like that...as i said..it ran fine at low rpms..like idling..but when * hit the gas it aks like its gonna die but doesnt and it doesnt rev up...so i took off the cdi to see if it may have jumped timing since the cam chain was a bit loose...well i thouhght it did...it didnt ..the flywheel key sheared...i didnt know that till i took it off and saw cause i couldnt figure out the problem...well also i must not have been payin attention cause i accidently dropped my cam chain into the case..lol..so there for makin me have to take it off the frame...cause i couldnt find the puller to take off the flywheel...well i took it all apart down to the case...my piston was in backwards..i really must not have been payin attention to that the first time..and its a 12:1...so it has 1 little groove on each side of the exhaust ring...for the valve...anyway.. i turned it around..put it all back together in time and all..new key in and now its not turnin over very easy..like its got compression all the way through its 4 cycles...up and down motion..it feels like it has it...so heres my problem...its in time..everyhting is all together right...so why is it actin like that?? and i cant start it because of it..i dont think i pinched a ring in it when i put it in...that would be the only thing i can think off tho...so can anyone think of somethin else it would be??

Maine_Triker
05-07-2005, 11:48 PM
I can't really help you other then maybe you should take it to a shop, but I do think you should temporarily change your signature... ;)

83185s
05-08-2005, 01:54 AM
yea lol about the sig...it did run like a top..even with the piston backwards..lol dunno how but it did..i dont have the money to take it to any shop around here..i may try to pullstart it or somethin tomarrow...unless my timing is off which i highly doubt i really dont know why it would do that..ill check it out tomarrow..i didnt have my contacts in or glasses on today when i was workin on it so somethin coulda been wrong...i doubt it tho..i was close enough to see lol...you know thatrs about the 5th time its sheared the flywheel key too...im starting to wonder y it keeps doin it...im lucky i had a couple extra engines that didnt need them cause i kinda have some in stock if you look at it that way..lol..anyway yea i dunno what it could be im just glad it ran long enough to get me home...without having to push it...i even changed my stator...that pisses me off...lol..i need some help somebody with any suggestions besides a shop or rip it all back apart?

MTS
05-08-2005, 02:36 AM
you SHURE you put the piston in right, but besides it pullin hard through all for cycles, it is a 12:1, but other than that i would venture to say your timing is off

83185s
05-08-2005, 02:23 PM
im leaning towards the timing also...i may have it 180- off causing the valves to open right after the piston comes up and puttin the extra stress or whatever on it..thats what im thinkin..im gonna go work on it now and see whats up...thanks for the help..if anyone else has anything please add...yea im sure the piston is on right this time

83185s
05-08-2005, 05:24 PM
now i discovered it has no spark at all!! i changed the coil cdi pulser unit..the whole thing..and the stator...i cant figure this thing out!

shudup
05-08-2005, 07:41 PM
may sound strange but mine did this when my cdi oil seal got messed up
messed with it fer a whole night, then next day i was taking it apart and with the cdi off i found that it moved freely.
not sure if this is your problem but worth a look

yamahaman89
05-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Id say the timming is off. Also with no spark the cdi isnt hooked up right or the oil seal, same thing happened to me

MTS
05-08-2005, 09:00 PM
make sure the timing is correct and make sure the cam is pused all the way into the head or else it will rub on the back of the pulse rotor plate around the oil seal.

83185s
05-09-2005, 12:31 AM
yea all that is right..i messed with the timing and i thouhgt i fixed it then it still didnt start so i changed it agian and now its actin like it has comp all the way through and i had to go to work so i put it all together and said f it im done...i really cant figure it out..i put a different cdi unit all together on there..a good still shiuny crome one..lol..the oil seal would actually have something to do with the spark?? hmm..as far as i know its on there right..ill check it out tomarrow after school..the cam is in there all the way nothing is rubbing...i just cant figure out y mine is being a pos and i fixed my friends within minutes...his did the exact same thing with the flywheel key...i fixed it in undeer 10 minutes and its taking me almost 12 hours so far and i cant figure it out..well i gotta go to bed cause its 11 30 and i gotta wake up at 630 for schoo..

shudup
05-09-2005, 07:23 PM
the oil seal can make it feal like its hard to turn over ( i messed up mine because i forgot the gasket between the head and cdi

you could check the distance between the rotor and the pickup of the cdi.
is your fiends the same trike as yours if so try his ignition module coil ect. if he will let you

83185s
05-09-2005, 09:31 PM
well...i put it in the right time...i got every thing checked..its all good..it still wont get spark..my stator reads 285 which is dam good...i still dont have spark tho...i know for srue it aint the stator...the coil and cdi all looks good...the plug is brand new.. its weird...the gaksets and o rings on the cdi are good..i tried pull starting it with my friends recon and it wouldnt work either...i dunno...something is messed up...wiring just doesnt go bad does it??

83185s
05-10-2005, 11:53 PM
well..i still cant figure it out.. no spark...alot of compression so im guessing that i got it in the right time now with the piston in the right way..new flywheel key...somethin is screwed...it aint the flywheel...i dont think..it looks good...the magnets arent screwed up from what i can see...its gotta be something in the wiring...has to be...im going to look at it tomarrow if i dont have to work after school...im going to look over all the wiring to make sure its all connected and look at the inside of the switch box...there are no unplugged wires...anybody think of anything else?? i saw the guy i was ridin with when it happened today..he asked if i had figured it out..i said well i knew what it was but not before i took it all apart..i said if i would have just replaced the flywheel key it wouldve worked..i shoulda looked at that but i didnt think it was it...i didnt look at it till i tore it all down then i was like dam..y did i waste my time..but i fixed it and now it wont get spark soi dunno what it could be...he said well that sucks man i hope you get it fixed so we can go ridin again..i was like yea its your raptors fault...he goes y is that..i was like cause my trike doesnt like quads..lol..and it broke so i wouldnt have to race it..he goes well its prolly cause i put it to shame with 1 gear left...i was like yea..its prolly cause * got a 660 and i got a 200 with smaller parts than it should have! i was like..it was kinda unfiar..he goes yea i know..but it was funny..then he told me he used to have a 350x!! i was like..what!! no way..he goes yea it was fast as hell..he said it would keep up with the raptor till it topped out cause the raptor has a little more top speed..i was like..dam..lol...anyway..enough of that..i dunno what the problem is and i cant figure it out so i need some help still...how do you test the cdi BOX leads and the coil and the cdi ROTOR leads...the only think i know how to check right now is the stator..and i know thats good so i need to know the others..thanks guys

bakeban
05-11-2005, 09:52 AM
are the wires that go from the stator and the cdi unit connected to the right wires on the frame? i just put my motor back in the frame of my 200x and there were 4 wires that i had to connect. maybe you have them backwards. :wondering

83185s
05-11-2005, 06:26 PM
no i got it all connected right...green to green blue to blue yellow to yellow and black to black..thats the cdi and stator wires...all the tan ones are connected all the greens are connected all the blues and whites are connected and all the conections for the cdi box and coil are connected..just cant figure it out

83185s
05-12-2005, 10:56 PM
well i still cant figure it out..i took all the protective coating off the wires and check all of them..nothin is broken or disconnected at all..so im guessing that they are ok...i think its got to be my coil AND cdi box...anybody else think so?? im bout ready to just take it to a shop..have it running right and for a long time instead of the bs that its doin right now