PDA

View Full Version : Wuestion for Darius and anyone else who has had an atv shipped to them!

350xman
05-07-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi Guys
I was wondering if Darius or anyone else could tell me what shipping company they use to get their 3 wheelers shipped to them? How long did it take, the cost $, did you have to pick it up from there warehouse, where was it being shipped from and to where was it going, how was the bike shipped etc, etc?
I am buying a bike any would like opinions on which shipping companies are the best for shipping.
Thanks 350xman

Orangecnty250r
05-07-2005, 06:58 AM
http://www.motorcycleshippers.com/

This is JC motors I used them sucessfully 3 times. You do not have to crate the ATV just drain the gas. This is a plus for sellers who say "no shipping Local pick up only" It North American Van lines which is a nationally recognized company they contract with and you can track the shipment. Rates vary but from oregon and Washington state it was 580.00 Door to Door last time I used them. Extras that come with the bike must be shipped separately. It took approximately 3- 4 weeks. I think Darius used a cheaper company but I dont think it had to go as far. There are cheaper alternatives but if you find that special bike for cheap you what to make sure its with a reputable company. Also with gas prices where they are it beats having to pay for gas, rack up miles and your vehicle, and drive days to pick up something. No matter what you use anything extra over you pay for the bike will eat at you though so it must be a good deal if you are having it shipped. Unless it a super rare mint beast I'm done having things shipped from around the country.

Maine_Triker
05-07-2005, 09:40 AM
You can use Yellow Frieght, but they require that the unit be crated.

You can use DNA Shipping, they don't require a crate but a pallet. Thier prices are very reasonable: http://www.dnafreight.com/

r00sty
05-07-2005, 09:49 AM
I used Forward Air to ship a LT500r from NY to Cali, for about $350, but had to crate it and take it to the Forward Air Terminal, they are usually near an airport.

86250RZ
05-07-2005, 01:25 PM
I had my 86 250R shiped by www.Forwardair.com They offered the best rate of anyone I contacted. Just go thier web site and see if they have one near you.

Darius1502
05-08-2005, 07:09 PM
I used a company called Map Cargo. The cost was about $225 and the R was shipped from Long Beach to Houston, Texas. The dealer set up the crate and I had to pick the trike up at the warehouse.

The crate was crushed on top and the R's headlight gaurd was scratched. Not sure if I recommend Map Cargo or not because of this.

The cost was good...better than Forward Air which would have cost about $400 +

350xman
05-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi Guys
Thanks to everyone who replied to my question about shipping companies for shipping an atv. The guy I am buying the bike from has gone to a few different shipping companies( that you guys mentioned) and has emailed the rates to me so, I have to decide which one I want to use. I let you guys know how it turns out and send some pics of the bike once I get it. Hey do all the 85-86 tri-z 250 3 wheelers start their vin# with JY31RX or is it just the 86 tri-z that start that way?
Take it easy.
350xman