PDA

View Full Version : The Meaty One Finally bought a Trike that runs.

Meat-BoX
05-06-2005, 03:06 AM
Well ive been after this Honda 125M for a Year and a half. My friends father has owned it since new and he only used it for hunting. This Trike looks allmost like new and runs great also. I usually buy other peoples junk and then my wife kicks me to the couch. This Trike made her a True believer that I can buy good wheelers. Everything works and is in excellent condition. Even the headlight works. The 125M was my 1st Trike and I loved running my self over when I put my leg down on a turn. This one brings alot of good memories back. I will pick it up tomorrow for $300.00. As soon as I get it home I will take some pics of it and show off my new ride. Acouple of questions. It has a HI and Low gear lever but it didnt seem to change the ride. Allso can there be a Suspended front end put on this ride. I really dont want to mess with it because its all original. But I would like to know my options for this beautifull Ride. Thx

Meat-BoX
05-06-2005, 03:52 AM
I bought a Titan Turf Tamer its a 22"-11"-10 I have no use for it. I had it on the Front of the Tecate. I dont even have to tell you how Squirrley that was. Anyhow on the Honda 125M the Tire size is 22 x 11 x 8

Can I use the Turf Tamer on the Rear when the original tires wear out. Its a good looking knobby but im not familiar with Rim offfset and Tire fit. Help a brother out. Thx

Huffa
05-06-2005, 05:35 AM
I lucked out too and got almost the same deal you did years ago.

It was an 84 125M in the paper at a garage sale for 325. Went to look at it and it was in great original shape with TONS of tread left on original tires. Bought it and had it for a few years and sold it for $750 at auction.

I just used it in my yard and back feild.

The Hi - Low range makes a a HUGE difference and because I was way heavier then what the trike was designed for I always used low range. If the top speed is around 35-40 in high, in low it would most likely be 25-30.

With no suspesion I'd keep as much of a donut shaped tire as you can on the thing since the tires are your suspension when they flex.

I wouldn't mess with forks or anything - keep it original.

sblt500r
05-06-2005, 12:55 PM
I bought a Titan Turf Tamer its a 22"-11"-10 I have no use for it. I had it on the Front of the Tecate. I dont even have to tell you how Squirrley that was. Anyhow on the Honda 125M the Tire size is 22 x 11 x 8

Can I use the Turf Tamer on the Rear when the original tires wear out. Its a good looking knobby but im not familiar with Rim offfset and Tire fit. Help a brother out. Thx

that tire won't fit the rim. the last number is the rim size. a 10 inch tire would just fall right over a 8 inch rim. first number is how tall and the second is how wide the tire is.