PDA

View Full Version : ? concerning 225 rear fender "mold holes"

Huffa
05-03-2005, 07:01 PM
OK, this might seem like a "who the heck cares ?" but why are those there?

Reason I ask is I just received a fender section from an ebay seller and they are cut out :mad: !

They did show up in his picture but I thought a stupid kid just colored them in as they were in the far ground of the pic, not being a direct shot of them!

Is it possible a rack mount goes thru them to the frame section? Thats the only theory I can come up with why someone would do that.

I need a 1&5/8 rubber plug that has a double lip so it will grab the edges of both top and bottom of fender.

Know where I could find such a plug?

I'm sure there out there somewhere? :wondering

chris200x
05-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Are you talking about the two circles on each side of the sticker??? Those I think are there to show you where the holes would go for the rear rack. Nice shiney fenders you got there.

350x'inNY
05-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Yep..... If you have a rear rack, those are the cut outs for installing it.

thefox
05-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Are you talking about the two circles on each side of the sticker??? Those I think are there to show you where the holes would go for the rear rack. Nice shiney fenders you got there.

Yes that is where the rear rack mounts up, so get two plugs or a rack :) .

chris200x
05-03-2005, 07:16 PM
I think a rack would be pretty cool/useful on one of those yamis huffa.

I thought you were a honda man? lol

Huffa
05-03-2005, 07:18 PM
I thought so but just had to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks!

PS....... I just discoverd a small difference between the 83 & 84 gas tank schroud molds and then looking farther there is something I think Yamaha intended to do and never did on both of them!

I'll post it on a new post and see what you guys think.

Huffa
05-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I think a rack would be pretty cool/useful on one of those yamis huffa.

I thought you were a honda man? lol

A rack would be nice but it would hinder my riding technique quite a bit so that's
a no-go for me. At least I think it would.

i am keeping it in mind though for in the future. Someday I'd like (said this a 100 times now :rolleyes: ) a 200 or 350X and just use these for light dicking around.

Preserve them, ya know.

We use a cart around our properety alot for lawn clean up but the dumb Murray tarctor only goes like 6 MPH or so and we have a wooded lot down a ways where we dump all or lawn and garden junk. 225 would be GREAT for that and the rack would carry the tools.

My wife would love it, I bet!

chris200x
05-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Is there a trailer hitch on the back of any off them? that might be a better idea. A rack would be more for my style-camping,fishing and hunting, and running the keg of beer out to our little spot in the woods. lol

350x'inNY
05-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Huffa Huffa Huffa..... you coming up this Saturday??? Kevin will be stopping through hopefully to do some riding as well....

I can show you some other options..... adding a rear rack shouldn't "crimp' you riding style... infact, if you are in mud, a rack is a great place to put your feet!! Anyhow, if you get the correct rack/grab bar it's as easy as 2 hand screws and 2 bolts to pop on and off. Again.... come on up to NY to be schooled! :p School is in session this Saturday. :welcome:

Bruce

350x'inNY
05-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Is there a trailer hitch on the back of any off them? that might be a better idea. A rack would be more for my style-camping,fishing and hunting, and running the keg of beer out to our little spot in the woods. lol

Yep.... there are trailer hitches on them.

Huffa
05-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Yep.... there are trailer hitches on them.

Well actually the hitches aren't on them stock but they have been set up with threaded holes to accept the hitch. You could make your own very easily I think? Not much to it.

Hey, what would be cool is make a seat on a small frame, put an axle underneath with 2 cheapo ATV wheels, and attach it to hitch, and you got room to take someone else for a ride. You could even make a 2 seater version! Make a saftey guard deflector so no roost get's thrown at them.

Now how about that! That's something I never saw!

350X .... What time you get up in the morning to feed the pigs, cows & chickens?

350x'inNY
05-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Well actually the hitches aren't on them stock but they have been set up with threaded holes to accept the hitch. You could make your own very easily I think? Not much to it.

Hey, what would be cool is make a seat on a small frame, put an axle underneath with 2 cheapo ATV wheels, and attach it to hitch, and you got room to take someone else for a ride. You could even make a 2 seater version! Make a saftey guard deflector so no roost get's thrown at them.

Now how about that! That's something I never saw!

350X .... What time you get up in the morning to feed the pigs, cows & chickens?

:rolleyes: --- I'm a teacher, not a farmer. You coming to school or what? hahaha

The 'farm' as I call it is in the family, but is vacant of animals since my Dad sold the cows in 2000...... It does have 250 acres of good riding though!

Huffa
05-03-2005, 08:58 PM
:rolleyes: --- I'm a teacher, not a farmer. You coming to school or what? hahaha

The 'farm' as I call it is in the family, but is vacant of animals since my Dad sold the cows in 2000...... It does have 250 acres of good riding though!

Ya got to have a dog or something?

350x'inNY
05-03-2005, 09:08 PM
You coming up Saturday or what? Maybe I'll see if "theolderfox" can come out in play too....

Bruce

Huffa
05-03-2005, 09:19 PM
You coming up Saturday or what? Maybe I'll see if "theolderfox" can come out in play too....

Bruce

Just asked my wife if we are doing anything and the boss said no, so it looks like I am!

PM me your exact address, I'll do a mapquest route on it, email it to you and see if you agree with it.

UMMM, is your shifting pattern 1 down and 4 up? :D Do I need to sign a relaese form?

350x'inNY
05-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Just asked my wife if we are doing anything and the boss said no, so it looks like I am!

PM me your exact address, I'll do a mapquest route on it, email it to you and see if you agree with it.

UMMM, is your shifting pattern 1 down and 4 up? :D Do I need to sign a relaese form?

No...... 350X is 1 down and FIVE up... :naughty: The R is 1 down, 4 up.... however, let's see how you do on your 225DX first!

Emailing you my address.....

Bruce

rob0781
05-04-2005, 01:30 AM
yeah my moto4 has those they are cut out but my racks not on..