PDA

View Full Version : what do you all think this 350x is worth?

dizasterzrfun69
05-02-2005, 09:36 PM
well this was on ebay, what do you think it is worth?

"This is a 86 honda 350x 3 wheeler.The machine is in fair condition but needs some work.Its all there but needs some TLC.It has the following new parts,headpipe,air filter ,chain and a brand new rear end with bearings.Whats wrong with it?The fuel petcock leaks were the clean out is.ALSO it does run but it needs to run on choke to keep it running.All and all the machine is in fair shape and could either be worked on or its great for parts! Im selling this for a friend who owned it since new.It will come with a recipt but it has never been registared! This machine is being sold as is!!Please bid only if you want it!!!Thanks "

I also noticed in one of the pics it has an aluminum cobra silencer.
I've been wanting a 350x extremely bad so i was just kind of curious what everyone thinks it's worth
thanks
Kevin

Fox250R
05-02-2005, 10:38 PM
I think its worth atleast a good wash before anything!

350x'inNY
05-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Hmmmm..... looks like a 85 for sure..(plastics/seat/rims/clutch cable routing/rear carrier to name a few)... all 85...guess buying trikes with the wrong year on ebay must run in the family! hahahaa

Has a Clarke plastic tank too.... after you pick it up, swing by myplace... I'll hook you up with a tank shoud. :naughty: I'm sure you'll want to test it out before the long drive back! :beer

Gave my cell # to your Dad. Give me a call....for directions and have some "shipping" favors for ya! Nice find Kevin.... we'll keep it a secret from OrangeCo250R that you can still find trikes in NY yet... :D

Bruce

Huffa
05-02-2005, 10:51 PM
If they are too lazy to wash it at least a little for the pictures then I'd suspect a lot of skipped maintenece procedures too.

Hard to put a price on something like that.

Orangecnty250r
05-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Nice find Kevin.... we'll keep it a secret from OrangeCo250R that you can still find trikes in NY yet... :D

Bruce

I'm diggin the 86 350 X in Rochester NY

mad_max
05-02-2005, 10:59 PM
If they are too lazy to wash it at least a little for the pictures then I'd suspect a lot of skipped maintenece procedures too

Ditto... I'd certainly take that into consideration if you want to make a bid...
if its anywhere near you I'd say go check it out in person first

Maine_Triker
05-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Well, if it runs good.......

UMM... maybe if I saw it cleaned up?

I say... 500 MAX

mymint87
05-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Well, if it runs good.......

UMM... maybe if I saw it cleaned up?

I say... 500 MAX

i thinking along the same lines....maybe $650.00

dizasterzrfun69
05-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Well we are paying $700 for it, from what you all say i'm thinking it may be a little on the high end but hopefully it's worth it. I will have clean pics of it next weekend after I go get it.

jeswinehart
05-03-2005, 07:12 AM
like i have heard you say before ,,, you want a daily rider and not a show trike (although i think you probbly will gussy it up ).

i paid 600 for the one i have and it was trashed compared to the one you are looking at so i think you got a good deal.

let me know when you get back with it ,,,

john

Trackburger
05-03-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm sure once you get it home, clean it up a little and tinker around with it you will be glad you got it. If not, you could resell it with some pics of it clean... :p
You have to have vision... :TrikesOwn

Blown 331
05-03-2005, 08:53 AM
I'd pay $700 for sure. I think it's worth more than that.

bigredhead
05-03-2005, 08:55 AM
if it's anything like the Camo R.. should be ok once cleaned up !! LOL...

running with choke on .. no biggie. clarb clean.. or something similar.

new chain .. bonus.. as long as the sprokets are ok.

it's all about motor and tranny.. as long as that's good.. you are set.

yamahaman89
05-03-2005, 09:04 AM
I'd say it is worth mmmm maybe 650-700 max

Trackburger
05-03-2005, 09:27 AM
if it's anything like the Camo R.. should be ok once cleaned up !! LOL...

LOL....... I hope one day no one will remember....... :naughty:

BIGCRIP28
05-03-2005, 10:59 AM
I'd pay $700 for sure. I think it's worth more than that.

i was thinking the same

dizasterzrfun69
05-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Hmmmm..... looks like a 85 for sure..(plastics/seat/rims/clutch cable routing/rear carrier to name a few)... all 85...guess buying trikes with the wrong year on ebay must run in the family! hahahaa

Has a Clarke plastic tank too.... after you pick it up, swing by myplace... I'll hook you up with a tank shoud. :naughty: I'm sure you'll want to test it out before the long drive back! :beer

Gave my cell # to your Dad. Give me a call....for directions and have some "shipping" favors for ya! Nice find Kevin.... we'll keep it a secret from OrangeCo250R that you can still find trikes in NY yet... :D

Bruce

Well if it is an 85 then oh well. It's still a 350x :D I dont care what year it is but hey, maybe it is the wrong year, wasnt there a question about there being an 87 350x ever being made? HAHA I would S*** if i found one. I bet it would be worth $700 then! But either way, my 200x and 250sx are both 85's so i guess i'll have 3 85's now. I'll get your number from dad later tonight or tomorrow. When do you want me to call? Saturday when i go to get it or before then?

Kevin

350x'inNY
05-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Well.... give me a call soon. I still got to call Swinehart.... and get the parts around for him.... not sure if he has anything else that needs to come to NY from his neck of the woods so Holic can have another running trike.... :naughty:

Bruce

jeswinehart
05-03-2005, 05:54 PM
kevin doing are parts run/swap bruce ???

john

dizasterzrfun69
05-03-2005, 06:39 PM

john

i am?!? lol it doesnt matter. Yea john that 350x i bought is in NY so this way i am going to kill 2 birds with one stone i guess. I might have to swing by PA also because dad has like 2 truck loads of trikes and parts to pick up. You know bruce, it'll be nice to have the missing tank shroud, but if i'm running parts for you then i think it's at least worth a speedo for my x. :naughty: HAHA Just kidding. I doubt i'll ever get a speedo just because the real ATC ones are so rare and i'd be really afraid of breaking it. I just thought i'd give you a hard time because i know you have a nice collection of speedos and parts in general. Is NY on the same time as IN?? I never have payed attention to the time zones so i wouldnt know. I'll try to give you a call tomorrow (wednesday) bruce.

Kevin

350x'inNY
05-03-2005, 07:15 PM

john

PM sent to you.... :beer

big red 24
05-03-2005, 07:29 PM
i'd say it's worth it look's like a good fixer upper to me :)

jeswinehart
05-03-2005, 08:49 PM
dizasterfun ,,,, i'm gonna call you yet tonight.

john