PDA

View Full Version : starting Tri-z build, have some Q's...

MassTrike
05-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Well I picked up a frame, swinger tripples, forks, front wheel assmebly, shock setup and all linkages. Now for the hard part, I need to find a motor, my question is, do I need to convert a kick start gear to forward kick if I end up getting a YZ motor? What year YZ was the compatable ones. Final question, the gas tank, is there a kit that makes a tank that mounts up front? Also the swinger on it is NOT stock it seems to be maybe a +2 maybe, it isnt alum. But it isnt tapered down like a westcoast. I know its not stock because I also have a stock swinger. Who else made swingers the only makes I was fimiliar with were Westcoast, Calfab, and Franks (for tecates only I guess). Thanks in adavace!

03 ORANGE SHEE
05-02-2005, 01:50 PM
83-87 yz motors
all years will require the forward kick mod.
im unsure on a fuel tank, you might have to fab. one up, ask chainsaw, he posted some plans with measurements a few weeks ago

Power_Ram100
05-02-2005, 03:12 PM
You dont have to convert it to a forward kick. I had a honda CR250 motor in mine and the guy i boght it from cut the rear fenders back to give room to kick back

Derrick Adams
05-02-2005, 03:30 PM
If you want a powervalve engine, I have one for sale! Power ram's right you don't have to convert to forward kick, but it makes it alot easier.

CHAINSAW
05-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Here is the link for the measurements on my tank.
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=34267