PDA

View Full Version : carb and smopking questions

Macs
05-01-2005, 05:13 PM
well the 250r has always smoked but i never paisdattention to it, well now my neibors are starting to complain. it isnt regular smoke you get from a 2 stroke. it is pretty heavy especialy at idle. also it misses at high rpm for first and second gear. what do yall think this could be. it has always been this way.

TimSr
05-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Probably the right side crank seal. Does your oil level in the case drop? YOu can also have a leak in the seal between the case halves, but thats pretty rare unless theyve recently been apart. Also youll need to clean out your pipe, and repack the silencer AFTER you replace the seal. That crap stays in there and smokes for years.

Macs
05-01-2005, 07:27 PM
well i thought it migt be my crank seals to but. i added a little crankcase oil when i bought it. i checked it everytime i rode and it was fine. i just went out and checked it, and it needed just a hair of oil. when my crank seals went out in the waterbuffalo i would burn 1/2 a quart of oil with a every tank of gas.

Macs
05-01-2005, 07:36 PM
and why we are on the subject, what is a good crankase oil for the 250r. what do you guys use.

tp250ratc
05-01-2005, 08:22 PM
this may be a normal condition. my250r smokes a little all the time on a brand new motor at 32 to 1 mix. good luck.