PDA

View Full Version : Which axle, thinking of durablue elminiator

Dynofox
05-01-2005, 11:07 AM
I found out the axle on my 86 R is shot since the bearing surface has been worn down too much allowing quite a bit of slop between the bearing and axle surface. I've been looking around at the different axles and was thinking about going with the durablue eliminator axle. Anyone have experience with one? Does it come with the locking nuts or do you use the stock unit?

wanta86r
05-01-2005, 11:36 AM
i used a lonestar axcaliber because they say that there axle has a lifetime warranty. I bought the axle new for 325.00. i would strongly reccommend using the lsr antifade nut as well. It looks very trick, and you will never have to worry about it coming loose.

250rAL
05-01-2005, 12:41 PM
I've got the Eliminator('85) and it's been good so far. I've gotten some pretty good air with no bends. I think you can use the stock nut but I would advise getting theirs so that everything is new and tight. Mine doesn't loosen anymore. :)

wanta86r
05-01-2005, 12:46 PM
I've got the Eliminator('85) and it's been good so far. I've gotten some pretty good air with no bends. I think you can use the stock nut but I would advise getting theirs so that everything is new and tight. Mine doesn't loosen anymore. :)
i noticed you are running a pj 36mm carb. what are your jet settings? i ve been trying to set my 36mm up for my 86r with similiar mods

250rAL
05-02-2005, 10:22 AM
DGJ needle
6.0 Slide
62 Pilot
170 main-summer/175-winter

GreenBoy
05-02-2005, 10:43 AM
I would buy a G-Force Racing axle from RockyMountainATV.com for 200$.
We bought them for my buddy´s web shop recently and I was really surprised what good quality you get for your money.
There is a billet lock nut and even a billet sprocket or disc hub included (don´t remember that yet).
Also the splines seem to be better than the DB crap

Just check the availibility at the RockyMountain website.
CYA at TF
Hagen

Dynofox
05-02-2005, 10:50 AM
I would buy a G-Force Racing axle from RockyMountainATV.com for 200$.
We bought them for my buddy´s web shop recently and I was really surprised what good quality you get for your money.
There is a billet lock nut and even a billet sprocket or disc hub included (don´t remember that yet).
Also the splines seem to be better than the DB crap

Just check the availibility at the RockyMountain website.
CYA at TF
Hagen

I've never seen them offered for the 250r, i'll have to keep looking. Thanks for the tip though. :)

wanta86r
05-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Im not sure about G force axle. I'd want to know more about their warranty and guarantee. You usually get what you pay for. I bought my lsr axle for 325.00 from Inland Atv and it has lifetime warranty and is adjustable +2 to +4. It really gives my R a mean stance.