PDA

View Full Version : 110 stud gaskets

coolatc
04-28-2005, 09:15 AM
I have looked at my manual and parts fish and need some clarification. I am working on a 1983 CDI ATC 110. I just had a valve job done and had the cylinder honed. I purchased a new "top end" gasket set and am getting ready to put it all back together. Besides the gasket that fits over all 4 case studs and seals the area between the case and the bottom of the cylinder is there any other o-rings that go there. I see where an o-ring goes on the top of the cylinder in between the head and cylinder, but I'm not sure about whats on the bottom of the cylinder. I do have my 2 dowel pins that are lining up, and the above mentioned gasket, but is that all I need in this area?

Also why does only 1 stud on the top of the cylinder get an o-ring? Why don't all 4 studs get an o-ring?

Thanks in advance for your help! S.

jenndnn3
04-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Are you talking number 7? Oil stopper is what those are for. Those passages allow oil to come through.

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/assets/schematics/Honda/H00230008.gif

coolatc
04-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Yes #7 appears to be in my gasket set. It is about 1/4" tall and fits in this area perfectly. I see where that goes, but I just want to make sure there are no o-rings that go in between the engine case and the bottom of the piston cylinder. I've memorized this picture but the manual is misleading.

jenndnn3
04-28-2005, 12:44 PM
One of the things I like to do is go to partsfish or bikebandit and print the schematics. They tend to really be helpful in part location, and not forgetting that one washer you find on the floor after everything is put together.