PDA

View Full Version : Dg Pipes On 85 Tri Z!!!!

Semo Tri Z
04-28-2005, 08:38 AM
What is the performance of a DG pipe like on a Tri Z??? And does anyone know the difference between the DG Nationals Pipe and the DG Extreme Pipe?
Is there any difference in performance between the two or is one just nicer looking than the other?

Power_Ram100
04-28-2005, 05:26 PM
I have the DG nationals pipe on mine i think both pipes are the same but the Extreme is nickle plated. I know i got better throttle response from mine. But i was running a CR250 pipe on it before. Thats just my .02

twgranger
04-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I have the extreme pipe and got alittle better throttle response. I wish i had gotten the Nationals pipe though. The Extreme pipe started rusting the first week!! and i didn't even use it.

Semo Tri Z
04-28-2005, 10:47 PM
So do these DG pipes rob the low end torgue or what? Cause thats the problem i ran into with my WORKS race pie. Are they low to mid pipes or mid to high pipe?

Power_Ram100
04-29-2005, 02:06 AM
Well DK says: Both pipes Pull harder from mid-range to top end.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=44584&store=Main&productId=p44584&catId=&leafCatId=

MTS
04-29-2005, 12:37 PM
The DG pipes are basicly a stock replacement for the tri-z they help a little but wont rob any power from the bottem end-there like a stock pipe like where the power is..

Derrick Adams
04-29-2005, 04:13 PM
The DG pipes are basicly a stock replacement for the tri-z they help a little but wont rob any power from the bottem end-there like a stock pipe like where the power is..

I'm not sure whether I agree with this or not. When I installed my DG extreme, I noticed that the bike didn't want to wheelie near as easy down low like it did with the stock pipe. The power band definately changed. I couldn't say whether it actually lost low-end or if it just hits so much harder in the mid-range now.

It really made the bike alot harder to trail ride, because the low-end just doesn't seem to be there.

RichinMO
04-29-2005, 04:16 PM
SEMO, where are you at in Missouri?

TimSr
04-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Most DG pipes are pretty much stock replacements. On the TriZ, mine gave me a little more bottom end than stock, (nothing extraordinary) but I saw no noticeable difference in the rest of the powerband. I also saw no difference in jetting requirements from stock.

Blown 331
04-30-2005, 01:35 PM
DG sucks. I took the DG off my 250R and put on an ESR. Wow, that was the biggest difference from just exhaust I have ever seen. Way more change than going from stock exhaust to a Yoshimura full system on my 450R.

Wickedfinger
04-30-2005, 07:34 PM
When I switched from stock to the DG extreme on my '86 Z, I noticed quite a bit more top end power but no real noticable loss in bottom end. Did it give it more Horsepower or was it just a shifting of the powerband "north"?. I would have to say yes to both. I had no problem pulling wheelies - but - the jug was also ported and had most of the wrench report mods done as well.