PDA

View Full Version : more YT175 stuff

Trikeaholic
04-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Yea, it has always been one of my favorites, I dont know why, but tonight after its been sitting since TF 03, i got it started. A little starting fluid and it fired right up. I think it has something to do with the fuel pump, cause after it sits for a week its hard to start. I took it for a 2 minute spin after I cleaned out all the excess oil from the motor, and it ran as good as it used to. I think I only have a couple hours on the top end anyway. I still need to replace the shift shaft, so I brought it over to the garage from the barn. I need to make a swingarm bolt for the rear suspension, so Im gonna make 2, one for the one on the bike and one so the other kit is 100% complete. I got bearings for the spare kit at work today for $1.15, retail price is around $3 each. The hard part is going to be finding stainless seamless tubing 5/8 OD .465 ID or 16 guage thickness, enough for a 1/2 inch double end stud to pass through. If anyone has some tubing I need 16 inches of it! Once the shift shaft is replaced and the swingarm installed correctly, she will be 100%! Im glad I got it started!

short4stuff
04-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Good job, my 175 has been sitting around for awhile too, the biggest worse thing on mine is the pipe, its shot, in two pieces. I would like to get rear suspension on mine and have an extra 200x rear end here I have been thinking about. that would be neat. Gotta love the 175's old school lol...
Mine has a 225dx front end on it now too.

Trikeaholic
04-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Gotta love the 175's old school lol...
Mine has a 225dx front end on it now too.

I always wondered if one would fit. I would like an upgraded front suspension, but keep the fat tire. I thought about DX front end swap. Is it too high up or does it sit right? Anything is an improvement on the 175 forks, but then again, it is kinda fun to ride it "like it is supposed to be" kind of takes me back. My buddy had a 175 back in the day, I remember it would DUST 200X's!

short4stuff
04-28-2005, 06:20 AM
Yeah well the 225 front end "fits" but takes some mod, the head shaft or whatever it is had to be cut off the 175 and welded to the 225, other than that though its alright.
The 225 front end I put on mine though is pretty rock hard, and I dont really know why, have any ideas??

I would like to continue this project, but i'm 17 going on 18. Going to graduate school this year, and am trying to save for a car, moneys tight, and gas is expensive. So it's been on hold for awhile.. People ask me to sell or part, and I just can't there's something about it, around here you dont see many yamaha trikes, let alone 2 stroke trikes if any.