PDA

View Full Version : Cal Fab ??

mike from long island
04-27-2005, 12:02 PM
look at what i made for my 250r lol

ScottZJ
04-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Nice that is a sexy stock swinger there. I thought about doing that to one just cuz I like the white look.

mike from long island
04-27-2005, 12:46 PM
i had bought the stickers a long time ago for my tri-z +2 west coast. but then i saw x-system selling the westcoast and got them too. seeing how i had to change frames on my 85 r i figured it would be cool to just use the stickers on the swinger. i put a new pivot works kit in the swinger as well. got a new carrier.it will pretty much be all new. it was $45 for the pivots work kit. when i did my Z the items had to be bought individually. that cost me $180 i am starting to like this 85r a lot. parts are so much cheaper. but i still love my Z. it was the second trike i owned when i got into three wheelers. the first was an 85 200x that i rebuilt but didnt like that much. and to think i nail banger like myself even painted it lol doesnt look to bad ;) i see your still trying to sell your 83-84 r i wish i had some extra $$$ i would love to get it hey any chance you know where i can get some 8 inch gold r rims for the blue duros i bought from howard? later mike

ScottZJ
04-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Well you could do like I did and swipe the gold rims off an air fooler. As you see mine has the polished wheels so I have the gold rims. They are the perfect size and width that you need for those tires.

AZ250R
04-27-2005, 02:54 PM
look at what i made for my 250r lol
That "JOKER" on ebay gave ya that idea, now didn't he!?!?!? LOL :D

Oh... & I've got a set of 84R rims just sit'n, are they worth anything to ya? :naughty:

mike from long island
04-27-2005, 03:06 PM
actually 200xman said it would look cool and i agreed what guy on ebay did that? hows $30 plus shipping for the rims sound thanks mike

Yamahondaman
04-27-2005, 03:42 PM
I Think This is Some "ole" School CALFAB or WestCoast TRI-Z Swinger i found Last Week...+2" Alluminum

mike from long island
04-27-2005, 03:50 PM
where did you find it?? got a better pic? i am not sure what make if the swinger is aluminum?? my westcoast is steel.

Jeb
04-27-2005, 03:52 PM
:eek:

Looks like you found what I consider the Holy Grail of Swingarms: The Tri-Z CALFAB. :beer

If you sell it, please give me a shot at it! In fact, if you'd like to have a +2 Chromoly WestCoast, I'll trade ya!

Yamahondaman
04-27-2005, 03:58 PM
i'll go take some more pic's of it ...Hey JEB ... it need's some "TLC" ..it's got a couple of crack's and what not ...i got it from a guy that lives in Ocala Florida ...

Jeb
04-27-2005, 04:01 PM
TLC would be no problem. I'm definitely interested in it. But I don't want to trade my westcoast for it since the CALFAB needs repairs.

mike from long island
04-27-2005, 04:05 PM
dang Jeb jump all over my chance at getting the swinger!!!! :Bounce

Jeb
04-27-2005, 04:12 PM
you know what mike...

I got a package with a good ol' #9 i've got to get out to you!

Yamahondaman
04-27-2005, 04:25 PM
More Pic's

Yamahondaman
04-27-2005, 04:31 PM
HUMMMM...i'll try again

mike from long island
04-27-2005, 04:37 PM
i forgot about the # as well. ill have to back check my pms too see what you wanted again that i have. lol i hope it is a cal fab swinger. i would love to see it get fixed up with so tlc and paint all orginal again it would be a nice additive to your Z. i am just glad i got a west coast when i did. thats all i need. plus ever other week i want to sell the Z. but somehow chicken out. what would my life be without the yamaha tri-z??????????? my r is coming along well. most parts were good just need to be cleaned up. i got a frame from howdy with that swinger on it. then i found a powder coated r frame on ebay and won that. so i am using the powder coated frame with howdys swinger. i just jazzed it up some. lol if it is going to be running a # plate gotta have a calfab looking swinger you know lol anyways i will have to post some pics as soon as i get a little more done thanks mike hey you interested in that blue seat i have ill give ya a hell of a deal on it

Yamahondaman
04-27-2005, 04:43 PM
i ain't working !!!

Jeb
04-27-2005, 04:54 PM
... hey you interested in that blue seat i have ill give ya a hell of a deal on it

I'll trade you a #9 for it! just kidding! I might be interested in it mike. I'll drop you a PM. I got to get my 250R running someday.

Your Z is way to sweet to sell. I hate to admit, but I had a crisis come up and actually started getting the ebay page ready to sell my Z. :cry: The crisis ended up not so bad and I had another option so the Z stays.

Hey yamahondaman, I can post the pics for you. email to:

kxt_tecate_3@yahoo.com

Yamahondaman
04-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Pic's sent ....Thank's Brother ... i'm Out ..

Jeb
04-27-2005, 05:08 PM
... And here they are!

mike from long island
04-27-2005, 05:18 PM
do you think it is extended? it is defintly aluminum lol that should will shine soon enough

AZ250R
04-27-2005, 05:29 PM
actually 200xman said it would look cool and i agreed what guy on ebay did that? hows $30 plus shipping for the rims sound thanks mike
$30 + shipping works for me, I gotta take some rubber off em first... um how soon do you need them?

About the "guy on ebay".... just like 2 weeks ago there was a guy with a painted white, STOCK swinger that he put up as a "Westcoast". Little did he know this whole message board was all over it to debunk within a few hours of his auction start.

That Z swinger looks sturdy to me, I can't believe its cracked.

twgranger
04-27-2005, 09:41 PM
... And here they are!
It looks like a tri-z swinger but it looks way to wide where the bearings go. :wondering You sure someone didn't fab that up? It just looks weird to me. :confused:

Yamahondaman
04-27-2005, 10:17 PM
THANK'S for Posting the Pic's Bro !!! YES it's 2" Extended and Alluminum...The Front Brg. Area is "WEIRD" Because ....Like i said ...It need's a little bit of TLC and some Allum. Welding for some "Crack's" in some Area's Because Some Guy hade it on a Banshee for Awile ....( Too Much Weight For The TRI-Z Arm ) .. i think ?...I'm Gonna Machine Out the Front Brg. Area....Turn some Insert's....Press Into Place...Weld it up ....Polish it up .....and Post the Pick in a Few Week's ...

Jeb
04-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Oh, might be a banshee cal-fab. If they made such a thing. The back looks Tri-Z to me.

It also looks like a Cal-Fab because of the aluminum ridges protruding from the top and running from from the linkage strut mounts. Is it filled in solid behind the strut mounts and ahead of the carrier mounts?

Oh and your welcome for the pic posting! :beer

twgranger
04-28-2005, 06:51 PM
If it was on a banshee then it will not bolt up to a Z without some minor fabrications.