PDA

View Full Version : nice rare part in the mail today

Trikeaholic
04-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Got a pro-tec rear suspension kit for Tri Motos in the mail today, pretty good shape for used. It is complete, so thats a bonus. Not sure what im gonna do with it yet Possibly trade my tri z project for a MINT 175??? LOL

LonesomeTriZ
04-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Do you have any photographs? I would like to see what that looks like.

Trikeaholic
04-25-2005, 07:25 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=34677

Trikeaholic
04-25-2005, 07:31 PM
here is a good azz shot, with the WB pipe, cant see the DG head tho! i love this lil trike, hope to build a twin!

atc110
04-25-2005, 08:03 PM
where did you find that trikeaholic? I'm searching for YTM175 right now, and I never thought I could find one and now there's at least 3 on the board

Trikeaholic
04-25-2005, 08:17 PM
I found my first one on the board around 3 years ago, at that time nobody wanted anything to do with a YT175. I found mine on a wood pile and bought it for $20, kept finding cool parts like the WB pipe and DG head NOS. It was one of those projects where I would post pics of the progress,and Mobular sent me an article from DW mag where they built a 175 up hard core race style. It had the Pro-Tec suspension, and I had to have one for mine! Soon after, a kid shows up on the site having found a "mystery trike" in his neighbors basement. I knew what he had and offered him to part with the suspension kit and a Bassani pipe. After much hemming and hawing, he sold me the kit, and the pipe for $200, both were mint shape! I had him drop it off at a branch office of mine in VA, where he lived. About a year or 2 later, Smokinwrench found a pro tec'ed 175 and sold it to bushwacker51. Around a month ago, I was searching ebay (secret search words) and there it was! I hoped nobody would find it, but bushwacker51 did, but did not want it as bad as me and bowed ot bidding at $80. So there ya have it. The only reason I even spotted it was because I knew what it looked like in the pic. It was listed as a "tri moto rear end" the shock was in another auction and it was missing a bracket for the shock, but the seller was nice enough to take my parts list and gather up all the other parts for it before he sent it to me. So ther e are 2 complete motos with the pro tec kit on here, mine and bushwackers, then this new kit without a home I just got. Its a very cool set up, not as good as a 200x suspension, but it is def. neat and something different.

350x'inNY
04-25-2005, 08:57 PM
You looking for a 175 like this??? If it's still at the guys place tomorrow, I'll stop and ask him about it. Atvnut up in Victor NY still has his 175 for sale as of last week when I spoke with him.

This pic is the one on the way to the college I work at Tuesday nights.... The guys son-in-law said he sold it for $550 already, but it was still there last Tuesday.

Holic... you see that pm I sent you?

Bruce

Trikeaholic
04-25-2005, 09:28 PM
saw the PM, Im to fat for that shirt! I know Jack has one, but my stupid brother says he cannot contribute to the purchase, so that leaves me on my own for it. I may have to wait. Im getting tight in my old age! When Jack comes down to five hundred, I will bite the bullet and buy it.

Dan Tenn
04-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Lets talk trade holic. Mine is at least a 7/10 right now, and I know you want that axle. :D

cliff2302
04-26-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm pretty sure i know where one is in a barn, i'll look into it when i get back home.

350x'inNY
04-26-2005, 05:14 PM
The one between Wayland and Hornell wasn't out Holic.... I'll look again next Tuesday.

I did see a beater 250SX though.... slammed on the brakes and talked to the kid.... rough shape, but runs... kid says it's not for sale. I told him about this site to check it out!

Last night, I was on a back road with the Subi and almost rear ended a ATC110! GUy said he'd just bought it and was testing it out. Riding at dusk with out a helmet on a hilly/low visibility road. :rolleyes: ... Anyhow... the trike was in pretty good shape! Needed just a seat cover to be in great shape! Guy said he bought it for $185.

Bruce

Huffa
04-26-2005, 10:34 PM
The one between Wayland and Hornell wasn't out Holic.... I'll look again next Tuesday.

I did see a beater 250SX though.... slammed on the brakes and talked to the kid .... rough shape, but runs... kid says it's not for sale. I told him about this site to check it out!

Last night, I was on a back road with the Subi and almost rear ended a ATC110! GUy said he'd just bought it and was testing it out. Riding at dusk with out a helmet on a hilly/low visibility road. :rolleyes: ... Anyhow... the trike was in pretty good shape! Needed just a seat cover to be in great shape! Guy said he bought it for $185.

Bruce

Thats exactly what I would of done! :D

Good finds triko! What great luck you have! :beer