PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this?

kilabeez0
01-29-2003, 11:44 PM
An ad in the want ad has 2 trikes for sale for $550. A Tri Moto 110 and a Tri Moto 175. The ad says they will run but both need a little work. Anyway, I call the guy and I guess one of them only needs rear brakes and that's it. The other however needs like axle bearings, a new case, etc, and carb work. He said they both could have the carbs cleaned to run better. Here's the catch...this guy actually has a JOB working on ATV's and he says he doesn't have the time to fix them. He also said if I bought them with the intent on having a shop fix the carbs it wouldn't be worth it! Only if I did the work myself would it be worth it.

I've never worked on anything carbeurated in my life. I work on cars, but newer ones. I heard it is very difficult for a beginner, also I couldn't find a damn thing on Ebay for Tri moto's!

So what's everyone's opinion?

O BTW, there's a 85 Big Red for sale for $800 in the want ad that says it runs great, maybe I should pay the extra cash and not deal with a headache!

KLT Man
01-30-2003, 12:27 AM
Go look at both.
If you think you are getting a deal with 2 for $550 then get the two.
If you prefer the 250 for $250 more then get that one.

But since you are not sure, go look at both sales, then decide :-D .

Dan Tenn
01-30-2003, 04:54 PM
I have a tri-moto 175, and all of the parts are readily available at your local Yamaha dealer. They may be a bit pricey, but you can find alot of parts on ebay if your patient.