PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Any Old Dealership Pics from the day??

Darius1502
04-22-2005, 11:24 PM
I want to see pics of trikes new at the dealershiip....anyone have any old inventory pics or pics as a kid sitting on new trikes at the dealer..man do I wish I took some back when I was a kid...

I would love to see pics from the 80's relating to this...anything you got is cool!!

patblkwell
04-23-2005, 12:28 AM
Haha I wish I could see some too, all I have is the memories in my head of walking into the Honda dealer and seeing trikes, fatcats, and a few quads...I wish it was the same as it was back then sometimes. It used to be you had your choice between trikes, quads, dirtbikes, odessys/pilots, fatcats/bigwheels....Now it's either quads or dirtbikes! -sucks

bonkers_200s
04-23-2005, 04:32 AM
lol, if you even say oddessy, people say, "Do you mean the mini-van??":P

Huffa
04-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Haha I wish I could see some too, all I have is the memories in my head of walking into the Honda dealer and seeing trikes, fatcats, and a few quads...I wish it was the same as it was back then sometimes. It used to be you had your choice between trikes, quads, dirtbikes, odessys/pilots, fatcats/bigwheels ....Now it's either quads or dirtbikes! -sucks

..........or a kick & go :D

MO350X
04-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Man, talk about bringing back some memories.
That would be VERY cool.
I can almost remember when I bought my first trike-1984 ATC200S-brand new in 1984 and the bikes/trikes that lined the showroom.
That dealer is still in business and still in the same building, too!
Ahh....simpler times. :)

Here's to hoping someone knows a link or has a stash of dealer pics on file. :beer

Darius1502
04-23-2005, 11:14 AM
I guess we could add dealer stories to this one as well...

i remember when I was a kid I had an ATC 70. Right after I got the trike we went to the Honda to get some parts...I could not believe how big a 22x11x8 tire was!!!

I sat down next to the tires of a blue 83 110 and just started and stared. Then out of the corner over my eye I saw the inconcievable... ....the unbelievable .....the incredible....

a 25 inch Big Red tire....I was in shock..I sat down right there on the showroom floor and just drooled. I thought it was the most massive thing I had ever seen.

Mike_Ham_250R
06-17-2005, 12:33 PM
I guess we could add dealer stories to this one as well...

i remember when I was a kid I had an ATC 70. Right after I got the trike we went to the Honda to get some parts...I could not believe how big a 22x11x8 tire was!!!

I sat down next to the tires of a blue 83 110 and just started and stared. Then out of the corner over my eye I saw the inconcievable... ....the unbelievable .....the incredible....

a 25 inch Big Red tire....I was in shock..I sat down right there on the showroom floor and just drooled. I thought it was the most massive thing I had ever seen.
LMAO... i wish i was around when the trikes were :cry:

bigredhead
06-17-2005, 01:11 PM
My friends big brother had a trike.. and i had no idea they came in a 2 stroke version... LOL.... he took me for a ride.. and i remember sitting behind him and holding the plastics and he's like " You better hold on to me or you'll go flying off the back ".. and i'm like WHAT ( could'nt hear a word he said ) .. and next thing you know.. i felt a rush of air and my back soaking in a puddle of water !!!

Man.. i thought .. he's crazy to drive this thing.. LOL>.....

Now i wish i had it.

max
06-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Is My Local Honda Dealer. I Was Tring On Some Gear In A Back Room And They Had A Pic Of The 86 Inventory. It Was Freaking Sweet. I Asked About It The Other Day And Nobody Knew Where It Was. One Of My Employees Uncles Owns The Place. Im Going To Go Directly To Him And See If He Can Get Me Any Pics. Definately Something Cool Even Just To Think About.
Max

Jeb
06-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Here's one I found years ago and just found again. Don't know where or who it is.
Shows a brand new 84 Tecate and look at the new "old" KX & KDXs in the background! Also showing over the back of the seat and behind the KXT is what looks like the handle bars and motor of a KLT trike.

chris200x
06-18-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry to say but those days are long gone :(

Maybe if we knew then what we know now well who knows!

how much would someone pay for that tecate?

LonesomeTriZ
06-18-2005, 10:47 AM
These are not old, but I think you all will agree that it is very cool to see so many trikes at a dealership today.

250r'en +TCB
06-18-2005, 11:03 AM
^^^^ where is that place man!!!! I have got to go there!!!

LonesomeTriZ
06-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Some where out west. I forgot what site I saw them on. I was looking for salvage yards via the internet when I came arcoss this place. I wish I could visit them as well.

NOS_350X
06-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Thats Inland ATV in cali. 90% Of atv's the part out.

deathman53
06-18-2005, 01:19 PM
and they also charge you a small fortune for the parts too, the last time I called they wanted $400 for a head for a 86 200x.

Tri-ZNate
06-18-2005, 02:13 PM
the pipe and muffler on that R is INSaNE!

LonesomeTriZ
06-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Inland sounds right now tha you mention it. I have spoke to them about parts and they are rediculous. :rolleyes:

threewheelin-feelin
06-18-2005, 02:44 PM
These are not old, but I think you all will agree that it is very cool to see so many trikes at a dealership today.
do they actully sell them....or is it just like a museum

LonesomeTriZ
06-18-2005, 02:48 PM
I think they sell them.

Lots_Of_Nothing
06-18-2005, 02:49 PM
They sell them, and part them out. And they suck at it severely. High prices, poor service. Check there ebay name.

http://www.inlandatv.com/

hrc85250r
06-19-2005, 01:33 AM
yes, i bought a "bills pipe" from them for my atc and it turned out to be a no name....and a somewhat crappy no name too....and to top that off, first they sent me a trx bills pipe...DUH!!!!....all in all i spent like 60$ on a half-ass pipe...

MassTrike
06-19-2005, 09:32 AM
jeb that loks much like a dealership up here, i can tell by the Kawasaki logo on the window that they still have and the rock construction of the building. Im not positive though. That would be cool to see. Place was called MTR racing.