PDA

View Full Version : Triker Buildoff! let the 200X begin!!

Lomax
04-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Well dad took delivery of his 250R from me yesterday, and mom will be reciveing her 250SX in a couple of days. That left me hanging a little, Well to quench my thirst of needing something with some speed to ride I decided to pull out a pair of 85 200X's that I have and create a fresh new trike out of one of them. Here's some of what I ordered today,
New Front and Rear Fenders
New Tank Scoops
New Front, Rear and Swingarm Bearings
New Cables
New HandleBars
Lightbulbs
GrabBar
Chain and Sprockets
Weisco 10:25-1 Piston
Valves
Valve guides
Clutch
Cobra Aluminum Exhaust with a quiet Core
New Carb
K&N filter
20-11-8 Kenda Klaws
23.5-8-11 Trail wolf
Brakes
And some other odd and ends parts. I will post some before pics of the 2 X's and a Pic of the completed on VERY soon. Reason I mentioned this as a buildoff because I am going to try my best to have this one done in 7 Days because dad is pounding me to go riding now that he's on that R. Needless to say, my pocket is feeling the pain right now

Orangecnty250r
04-22-2005, 05:58 PM
6 days and 23 1/2 hours left you better be building and not at the computer

Sounds nice, Those parts --even the little ones add up dont they.

Should be nice and cant wait to see the pics

BIGCRIP28
04-22-2005, 09:16 PM
how much is all that? about $1000?

Lomax
04-23-2005, 03:45 PM
how much is all that? about $1000?
All the parts that i ordered I can get a little cheaper because I am a dealer for the companies that I got the parts from, I really dont even know exactly how much I spent yet, but when the parts start rolling in, I'll post the pics of the machine and how much I spent (in retail) so everyone could know just how far they could make there money go.

jenndnn3
04-24-2005, 07:48 AM
Are you doing both of them Lomax? the 85 and the 86? Who is getting what?

I destroyed 3 engines to make one. Mine I am currently doing is the 85. My plans (here you go thefox) fairly simple wont add too much, but it will be fun. Xr implant pretty much across the board. Crank and all the topend, except final cover, which is 200es (is that what I bought Howdy??) Manuel decompression. 6 speed, and yes I think I may break down for the carb. After engine is rebuilt, I will check into which tires suit it and sprocket goodies.

Even with 3 engines, I still have to replace valves, and rebuild one crank. But that is because I am useing the xr's and they both need it. Oil pumps as well its looking. I had enough kicker parts to make 2 good ones. Here is the sickening part. Between trading, buying and selling, this trike should cost me a between a negative $100 to positive $100. That is my final goal. Yes boys and girls that includes the pretty red paint. :naughty: :w00t: I hope to have the full list of parts ready for order in the next week. I dont want to double up shipping costs.

Each of the 3 engines had an issue, first one, stripped exhaust studs bad kicker. 1 bolt entry broke nothing major, but I can afford to get picky. Second one, split rebuilt half -assed job full of metal, Still havent figured out where the metal came from, but have a good idea. The top end is ok. Third the xr, to my great surprise, It only had blown valve, exhaust, but the timing chian sprocket teeth on crank were very worn, it wouldnt been long for that bubby to go. I may build up a second engine, depends, But it will just be an 85 200x again. :p

thefox
04-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Thats it jen? I was expecting this huge list or are you holding out on us? :D

jenndnn3
04-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I was gonna powroll, but I decided since im selling the 86'. I Just want a real strong solid replacement. Everything freshened up. I may powroll someday with the spare. But at this point, I really want to put a little cash in the R as well. To go nuts would blow the budget.

Lomax
04-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Are you doing both of them Lomax? the 85 and the 86? Who is getting what? :p

The 85 X and the 86 X are both mine. I have kinda lost interest in the 86 for now because finding the parts that I need can be a little discouraging at times. I had also started to restore it near original but have since changed my mind and am going to have to start all over again on it (86 model)
As for the 85 model, Its not going to look quite like it did when it was new either, I didnt really want that out of it, I wanted near stock but with a few little things that will make it stand out a bit. I am having to use 2 motors to make one because the case is busted on one side of the better engine (where the chain gaurd goes) and the other one has been setting out in the weather with the case split open for god knows how long before i got it. I dont know if I am going to make my week deadline but I sure am having fun trying at it.

Lomax
04-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Well, my time frame looks like it may have just got shot to hell. I had the local tire shop mount up my klaws on the absolute best set of 83-85 200X wheels that I have and, well they gouged up the face of one of the wheels so bad that I am now kinda at a standstill in that area. I have already been on the phone with the owner and have to take it up there to see about a replacement wheel. They have always done flawless work for me and now when i need perfection the most, they **** up..

kilabeez0
04-28-2005, 12:46 AM
that sux. they absolutely owe * a replacement no questions asked. ESPECIALLY if you've done business there in the past which you have.