PDA

View Full Version : gas in the oil

threewheelin-feelin
04-21-2005, 08:40 PM
well i have already asked a couple people about it .....but i have a 200s motor and it is pumping gas into the oil......it is running fine and making good compression ..... any body had this problem .....and knows what causes it? thinks for any help

broook
04-21-2005, 09:18 PM
The gas is probibly draining in overnight. When the bike is running it will burn the gas but overnight if the float level is too high the gas will drain into the cylinder and past the rings into the base. Should check it out, thin oil is no good in an air cooled motor.

wheelie king
04-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Floats in the carb are sticking. Pull the carb and do a rebuild or at least a good cleaning.

threewheelin-feelin
04-21-2005, 09:41 PM
yeah my uncle said it could be the float i will check that

SoCalDesertRider
04-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Turn off the tank valve :).

MTS
04-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Turn off the tank valve :).
not to be rude, but turning off the tank valve would only be a bandage for the problem-not fixing it, your floats/needle/ assembly needs cleaning or the needle assembly on the floats is worn more than likely prolly just need to set the floats or give er a good cleaning

bigredhead
04-22-2005, 09:00 AM
one better.. when you are done riding.. shut the valve off while the engine is running and give it a minute..... lower the gas volum in the bowl a bit.

But yeah..... clean and adjust .. for a carb it's a must. !

azhondagrl
04-22-2005, 09:37 AM
The 350 we just got had that problem, like I said when we pulled the oil cap it was full of gas and oil. We did an oil and filter change, a complete cleaning on the carb, turned the tank to off when its not being ridden, and so far no signs of more gas leaking.

threewheelin-feelin
04-22-2005, 08:12 PM
i went out today and took the float bowl off....i held the float up and sprayed carb cleaner in to the hose.....i didnt see any thing leaking till i let the float down.....so i checked the float and it has no pin holes to fill up with gas....so i sprayed carb cleaner all thrue the jets...float needle and bowl.... i hope that will do it