PDA

View Full Version : I don't even ride my 225 yet and already....

Huffa
04-21-2005, 05:43 AM
.......... :mad: there is damage to it!

Monday & Tuesday we had central air put in (old one broke). Monday I had the 225 way over in the corner out of their way.

Tuesday I decided to dick around some on it and parked it in my usual work spot which was still totally out of their way. Not even close to anything they might be working on.

I go in the computer room to ask one of my many ?'s about 225 and the guy comes in and interupts me and asks if I'd come in garage because he had an accident with the 3 wheeler.

I was really puzzeled why he was even around it :mad:

What happened is he was up in the garage attic with a gas cylinder for welding or something, dropped it and it went right thru the ceiling like an American B-42 war plane bomb and hit the very top corner of my clutch casing and broke it, and the round case cover too.

I wasn't mad at all though because accidents do happen but he keeps saying he has a buddy that can get the part or weld it up. That did perturb me a bit because I think it should be my chioce what I want to do with the piece!!!!!

I mean this thing is no piece of crap anymore and don't know at this point if I want a "bandaid" on the casing or not?

Now I have to take the side cover off, get a new gasket and all that jazz. ........as if I didn't have enough already to do :D

I'd post a picture but my "manage attachments" has not worked for a good week now. I click on it and everything just freezes up :mad:

TrikerR
04-21-2005, 06:14 AM
send it to me and ill post it for you
ned_mo@hotmail.com

mx600
04-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Here's his case:

twgranger
04-21-2005, 08:17 AM
I would buy new parts and give them the bill. I wouldn't want no weld job, not if it wasn't like that before.

BIGCRIP28
04-21-2005, 09:36 AM
sounds like my kind of luck

chris200x
04-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a bumb deal...Did you say gas cylider? Good thing you have a garage left! Dumb ass!

350x'inNY
04-21-2005, 05:16 PM
I hate when that happens! ;)

Maine_Triker
04-21-2005, 05:31 PM
MAN, what is the chance of that happening? Well look at the good side, at least it didn't land on your front fender or something like that.

atctim
04-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Contractors have to carry insurance for thess type of accidents. take it to a trusted mechanic or garage or ATV dealership, have them fix it right, and the contractors insurance will pay for it.

Huffa
04-21-2005, 06:33 PM
MAN, what is the chance of that happening? Well look at the good side, at least it didn't land on your front fender or something like that.

At least it didn't land on my HEAD! I was just sitting there on my little stool staring at the thing thinking what to do next and 3 minutes later after I walked away the tragity happened. It landed exactly where I was sitting!

trikerider2oo7
04-21-2005, 07:05 PM
that sucks man...i would get a new one and send them a bill

Mobular
04-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Take it to a shop and send them the bill. No way you should put any free work into it.

edog
04-21-2005, 08:37 PM
If that was a Honda motor it would have blown apart.lol
Sorry about the accident.

Huffa
04-21-2005, 09:44 PM
If that was a Honda motor it would have blown apart.lol
Sorry about the accident.

No, quite the opposite. If that was a Honda motor it would have never broke! :D

chris200x
04-22-2005, 12:44 AM
No, quite the opposite. If that was a Honda motor it would have never broke! :D

You tell him Huffa. Yes, most businesses like that are insured and bonded. Why not take a sledgehammer to it and get all new parts!!! :D

TheOlderFox
04-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Tell you what, I'll send you that part and we can bill the contractor 200 for it. Isn't it a hard to find part???? :naughty:

crackshot
04-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Jb weld will fix it.

Mr. Sandman
04-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Tell the contractor you want the side case replaced, not repaired. If he's not willing to work with you, turn it in to his bonding or insurnace co. (assuming he's legit and licensed) and let them deal with it. Additionally, I would deduct the value of the damage/repairs from the final bill due to them for the A/C install at your house until they square up with you. Good luck!

Huffa
04-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Jb weld will fix it.

It will but not on my trike!

I don't want no tricked out JB welded Yamaha :D

.......and thanks guys for all your suggestions. A 3WW member hooked me up :Bounce with a nice case and gasket. I'd mention who but not sure if I'm supposed too.