PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted...

Derrick Adams
04-20-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm thinking of painting the frame on my Z red. What do you guys think?

I'm a little unsure of what it would look like. Tough call, i've been debating it for awhile.

twgranger
04-20-2005, 05:25 PM
That is a tough choice. I think it looks great the way it is now.

BIGCRIP28
04-20-2005, 05:55 PM
yeah, i personally think it looks great now and wouldnt change it.
its yours though, not mine. :D

Red Rider
04-20-2005, 05:59 PM
If you're planning on keeping that seatcover, it seems like blue might be a better choice to me. If you keep the same seatcover & plastics, even with the little bit of red that is in them, I think a red frame might seem out of place.

Huffa
04-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Well there is one way to find out!

Have a member on here give it the photo shop paint job. Quite a few know how to do it and I don't think it takes more then 5 minutes to do so.

Give MX 600 a PM and he'll do it up in red I'm sure. Blue too if it doesn't take too long?

Maine_Triker
04-20-2005, 06:44 PM
First off, your Z is very bad arse :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: !!! I would leave the frame black, or maybe paint it blue, but not red IMO.

Dynofox
04-20-2005, 08:36 PM
I'd leave it black or go with a candy blue color. Not a big fan of the diamond plate rad guards, but looks great other than that. :) How do you like the shock covers on your forks? Have you seen the new neoprean (sp?) fork boots they have now, they have them in the new dennis kirk.

Orangecnty250r
04-20-2005, 08:54 PM
I would leave it black. It would be alot of work to change for something your unsure of. My recommendation is powder coat the diamond plate black and it would be easy. It would give you that different look your looking for but would blend in much better with the bike. I think it would look great!! Very nice alternative looking Z

Derrick Adams
04-20-2005, 09:43 PM
I would leave it black. It would be alot of work to change for something your unsure of. My recommendation is powder coat the diamond plate black and it would be easy. It would give you that different look your looking for but would blend in much better with the bike. I think it would look great!! Very nice alternative looking Z

I was thinking that myself! That diamond plate looks ok in person but it's just too contrasting. I may try opening them up with some decorative holes or something. Wish I had access to a plasma cutter. :naughty:

Derrick Adams
04-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Here's a couple crude renderings. I think that red frame looks sweet, but what would it look like in person? Not sure what I want to do with the shrouds. The nice thing is, I saved the pattern. So I can whip up several different ones in minutes and try them until I like them.

BIGCRIP28
04-21-2005, 09:30 AM
i think the second or third pic looks the best

OldSchoolin86
04-21-2005, 09:34 AM
I like the red, it's different and plays nice with the other red on the trike. You might just want to play witht he shade of it though.

Mr. Sandman
04-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Let's see, blue seat, red frame, what other trike has that color scheme? The almighty R! As they say, "Imitation is the best form of flattery." If you can't beat em', join em'. Yeah baby, yeah! :p

Orangecnty250r
04-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I am diggin the black shrouds!!!