PDA

View Full Version : 200x clutch slipping

83185s
04-19-2005, 07:55 PM
well its not the bottom part where you adjust it or the top at the perch..its internally...is there a way i can fix this without splitting the cases? or are my disks pretty bad..i shouldnt have done what i did and now i know better..lol...i put it in third from the start and put my front tire against one of my other trikes back tire..just to spin my wheels..like pwerbraking...this was on gravel...and it all the sudden let out and i was like ehhh wtf...now when i hit the gas goin down the road in any gear...it revs up till the tranny catches up..which takes awhile...so do i need new clutch plates or somethin or is there a way to adjust it?

yamahaman89
04-19-2005, 08:25 PM
I had the same problem in november. Ijust got new discs and it was all good then

83185s
04-19-2005, 10:35 PM
so you had to split the cases? uhm..after you do that how do * get the old ones out?? i have a spare engine with good disks..theres a hole in the case thats y im not using it...anyway..everytime i go to take them off..185 or somethin else i can never get the clutch out..i really f'ed up the disks or somethin on here..lol..every gear if you pin it it will max out till it catches or you let off the gas..lol..its alreight to ride just uses alot of gas...and i just filled er with 93 so im not wantin to put more in every day..lol

83185s
04-19-2005, 10:53 PM
the 200x is a wet clutch right?? if so..i run bel ray 20-50 in it...could that be a cause?? also..whats that big nut in the back of the engine do...is it an oil drain or a clutch adjuster??cause i thouhggt the oil drain was under the flywheel cover like the 185-200's are..i know theres a filter..im prolly gonna change it out...and put some cheaper stuff in there till i figure out the problem...i just put more in today tho..its not burnin but there is a very small leak so it doesnt ever have the right amount in it...anyway..could bel ray be my problem?? or is it the disks>?

83185s
04-20-2005, 08:33 PM
erll my clutch is shot...completely...it will not move at all when i realese so ima have to change it before i go anywhere...is there a special tool for this??because on my other engine i have i cant get the clutch off without some wierd tool...hopefully the guys at the shop will let me borrow theirs if they got one...if i need it..anyway..yea the clutch is gone and i need some help..thanks guys

HaggLE
04-20-2005, 09:45 PM
First thing, 200x is manual clutch and 200s and 185 are auto. They slip for different reasons (usually).

Second, you only have to take the clutch side off, you dont need to completly dissasemble the engine. This job isnt that big.

Yes you do need a special tool to remove the nut inside the clutch. It has 4 stubs that fit into the slots in the nut.

20-50 oil is fine, it will not cause the clutch to slip. If the plates are good then id suggest checking the cable isnt holding the clutch on slightly or otherwise get heavy duty clutch springs.

83185s
04-20-2005, 09:51 PM
o know its not the cable..i think its the disks..i literally have no clutch at all now..i put it in first and nothin..wont move...it did start good in first ..how much does that tool run? i know they are different....but i got another 200x engine i can take the clutch plates off of...they are good as far as i know..if not then its off to the shop for new ones

83185s
04-20-2005, 11:17 PM
well...hope ** sittin down for this...i took apart the side cover to examine the clutch...tool off the botls that hold the spings in and the mounting deal...the things the bolts screw into...well they are all broke! they wiggle aroound alot in there...the disks cant engage because the springs cant push them to do it..the things move that much..so i need that clutch puller and ima take the whole insides of the clutch out and replace them with the ones of my other engine...im tellin ya..its not pretty..if i had the digi and i knew how to post..id take some and show you...its bad..very very bad...and the fresh oil i put in today..its not so fresh..smells really bad..the whole inside of the engine smells really bad..i tell ya..as soon as i get somethin goin it f's up...im kinda tired of it..and also to add to the clutch problems..the engine is makin wierd noises.. the valves are tapping and when i nail the gas it makes a loud ting...is that because of low octane>> cuase its got 93 in there and it didnt do it on 87..just started today with the clutch being screwed...my problems only get worse..i hate this! lol..i need to get...a...qua....no jk..a better trike!! one thats in good working condition...if anyone is interested ill trade straight up my 3 trikes and all the parts for a good working 250r or 350x that doesnt look bad either