PDA

View Full Version : Quick 250r head light bulb question

Dynofox
04-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Is it safe to run a 80/100w bulb with the rest of the lighting system being stock?

Macs
04-19-2005, 08:25 PM
you should not have a problem if you have a glass lense. if it is plastic (some aftermarkets are) you will melt the lens. your electrical system should hold up fine.

SoCalDesertRider
04-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey I'm in the same boat too. I have an H4 55/100 bulb for the headlight in my '85 R. I ended up crashing my headlight before I got a chance to try it. Now that I will be gettin a new headlight in a week or so, I'm wanting to try the bulb. I'm kinda reluctant though, since my friend and I toasted the lighting circuit in his 200X by hooking up a pair of off road lights in parallel. They worked great for a few minutes, but the fun didn't last long. I was thinking of putting in a Ricky Stator light coil in my R, since Ricky Stator is not too far from me. Hope someone can relate some experience with this for us...

ATCnut
04-20-2005, 01:04 AM
The honda lighting circuits are designed pretty close to the edge. Using higher wattage bulbs is just asking to burn up the lighting coil. Ricky Stator stuff is good, kinda pricey tho.

Dynofox
04-20-2005, 07:32 AM
I don't ride at night much if any but I do ride with the low beam on during the day. It doesn't seem like going to an 80w low beam vs the stock 60w will cause a problem, but if anyone has any more input that would be great.