PDA

View Full Version : Fender Repairing

Tecate250
01-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Well well The old tecate's has proved too much for me.(Yeah Right) I new have 1 stock (only bend marks) but mint. And a maier
old style rear fender left. Dont ask but I have 2 broken front fenders. And I have a special sodering gun that people use to melt plastic. I want to know how you can do a flawless job on fenders or at least the best you can get.
I have a piece of my tecate 4 radiator shroud that im going to use for filler. I was wondering If you could melt some down to use like glue? Taking in account for also heating up the fender to bond it too. I would go buy maier ones But I find the color is way off and I have no money to spend on more fenders. I dont care about sanding or cutting axcess plastic off just as long as it comes out half good. I need a front rack for my tecate's

86waterpumper
01-29-2003, 04:25 PM
I have a plastic welder, and it came with sticks to melt, I don't know how good a another piece of plastic would work. If you want it to look pretty good then make your weld on the bottom side of the fender...