PDA

View Full Version : We can beat shipping cost on parts and trikes !!

Huffa
04-18-2005, 07:07 PM
This is my idea and it will work if we all particiapate in it.

1) start a new forum pertaining to a destination that we are going to. Example: I live In Slatington, PA and on May 13 am traveling to Ithaca NY. Your subject would always simply say Slatington,PA-Ithaca,NY with date. Include more details inside then.

2) when you find a part that is quite costly to ship, go on that forum and see if anyone lives close by the part location that is coming with in striking distance of you.

3) Pm the guy and see if he'll bring it along.

You could even use a chain of guys! One guy drops it off at another member, that memeber delivers to the next and before you know it, it traveled a few 100 miles or across the country for free! Now i realize a whole trike would be a lot harder to do but if i had the room i'd gladly bring it along.

The draw back is you would have to be willing to wait longer, so if your not in a hurry for a part this could work out very well!

Certainly some would luck out and find someone traveling right by maybe that weekend of the part you won or ordered?

For instance, I just won a frame (not example, I really did) on ebay up in AVERILL NY. I am not going to pay 50 shipping. Either I'll pick it up or this method would work. Anyone live by there that is coming down Slatington PA way soon? So instead of posting and asking this ? it be so much easier just to check the "destination" forum and see where everyone is crusing to!

Is anyone possibly cruising down my way that lives up there? :confused:

Sure it won't always work for everyone but for the ones it does they sure will be happy 3WW started it :D

It will be a 1st too for any bike -atv-atc sites. At least I never came across anything like it.

Come on add some of your thoughts to this. WE CAN MAKE IT WORK ! :beer

atczack
04-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Sound's really good for meeting board member's too. You could deliver a part and stop and ride with a fellow board member for a couple of hour's before you head to your final destination. However, trying to get everybody's schedule to work with everybody else's would be next to impossible. I'm game though. :beer

Macs
04-18-2005, 08:15 PM
it sounds like a good idea. i would be willing to help the 3ww member. i will start. i am heading to stephensville texas this weekend, travelling from houston. i could easily drop something off on the way.

erectordale
04-18-2005, 08:34 PM
sounds like a great Idea to me I'm always traveling the midwest Indiana ohio Illinios and lots and lots in michigan so I can possibly help out in these areas

short4stuff
04-18-2005, 08:41 PM
the only problem I see with this is trust .. so that person is like ah that part is what i am looking for .. i am going for here to here .... etc ... the guy and part then disappear... then whaT?

Huffa
04-18-2005, 08:54 PM
the only problem I see with this is trust .. so that person is like ah that part is what i am looking for .. i am going for here to here .... etc ... the guy and part then disappear... then whaT?

Well 1st of all he will then ( if proven guilty :D ) get black listed and kicked off the 3WW forums. 2nd we will hunt him down and get the parts back and 3rd we will put sugar in his gas tank and 4th?.

I'm sure that could happen, just like ebay when they ripp you off on things. I'm sure that would be an extreme rarity though and bet it never would.

You can always ask him what other members he knows on forums. If he is brand new with only 2 posts then I'd be a bit leary but if he has a few 100 posts then I'm sure you have no worries.

We definitly need a seperate forum though. It will make it so,so easy. Go on ebay, find a part you need, check the destination forum and your all set!

You can inquire for a part hitch hike ride or offer one.

Hey, thats what we can call it :beer The parts hitch hike forum :D :beer

Any other suggestions?

x.system
04-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a good idea, whos driving to the UK here in the next 2 weeks? I need this delivered to Jez :D

Huffa
04-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Sounds like a good idea, whos driving to the UK here in the next 2 weeks? I need this delivered to Jez :D

I'll pick it up but can't say that I will deliver it! :D

Very nice BTW. Looks like it's brand stinkin new!

Update idea............. I'm sure most don't travel 1000's and 1000's of miles and more like a few 100 at most so what 3WW could do is have sub-divisions to narrow it down instead of scrolling down a mile to find your area.

You know, like NE, SE, NW and so on.

TimSr
04-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Have you ever checked out www.uship.com ?

x.system
04-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Just checked that uship.com, I might have to try that, my brother hauls cars around MI and IL, might just get some more business.

Huffa
04-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Have you ever checked out www.uship.com ?

That's an interesting option for sure. I didn't read the whole thing but as I understand it you enter you item and different places bid on it and you naturally except the lowest bid. Does that pretty much sum it up?

TrikerR
04-18-2005, 10:32 PM
do they do international...

NOS_350X
04-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Your idea might work but i doubt it, it would be better if somone made a map of the us (the big ones like the fbi uses and stuff) and has a location (city) for every member and a pin there. So that way you could kinda organize a path for the item. Lots of work, but would be awesome do to. For some reason i dont think it will ever happen tho.

Huffa
04-19-2005, 12:22 AM
That won't work as who's to say what member is particapating. A seperate forum is the simplist way. Pm the guy that is going in your direction and go from there.

Is it hard for them to install another forum for a test run of it? I have no idea what's involved.

Rex Karz
04-19-2005, 01:47 AM
There's something freaky about seeing that 250r in that cage. Someone is going to be REALLY happy to see that one roll up!!

TrikerR
04-19-2005, 03:27 AM
you need to send a zoo keeper with that one..."okay people, step back...wild animal here."

yamahaman89
04-19-2005, 09:42 AM
This can be are first one lol I wanted to buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4543577992&category=43971
But the guy will only drive 75 miles does any live near shellbyville that is comming to wisconsin at all???

yamahaman89
04-19-2005, 09:44 AM
I wanted to give this trike a new life Any help will be great

TrikerR
04-19-2005, 09:50 AM
i know a great new home for that one...THE DUMP. man its messed up.

yamahaman89
04-19-2005, 09:52 AM
I just want something to fix up. and its cheap

Huffa
04-19-2005, 11:06 AM
This can be are first one lol I wanted to buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4543577992&category=43971
But the guy will only drive 75 miles does any live near shellbyville that is comming to wisconsin at all???

I ca't give my opinion on the trike cause the link doesn't work - says it can't be found but then again you didn't ask for it either.

Why don't you post a seperate post asking your "trike hitch a ride" question?

Be interesting if anyone will help you out? Specify you are willing to meet somewhere to make it more conveinent for them and shorten their trip.

Just might work!

Huffa
04-19-2005, 11:10 AM

I ca't give my opinion on the trike cause the link doesn't work - says it can't be found but then again you didn't ask for it either.

Why don't you post a seperate post asking your "trike hitch a ride" question?

Be interesting if anyone will help you out? Specify you are willing to meet somewhere to make it more conveinent for them and shorten their trip.

Just might work!