PDA

View Full Version : Burning Oil Rings Gone?

ross932c
04-17-2005, 09:59 PM
189 Honda 200es Big Red

Just recently started to smoke really bad. I mean bad, driving down the road it looks like a huge dust storm behind me but it's blue smoke. I'm guessing the rings are gone, but have contiued driving it as is for a few weeks and havent hada power loss yet. My buddy who had this much smoke out his big red had no power, you could walk faster then it would move.

I was wondering if there is any other reasons for blue smoke? It is coming out of the muffler just so you know.

Its gunna cost to much to replace rings and piston, so I'm just going to continue driving it as is, but the smoke really bothers me. I am just using it as a farm machien now, back around fields and stuff.

Is there any quick fix solutions to help the problem?

MTS
04-17-2005, 10:27 PM
what is your compression? it could be the valve seals that went-if its just a farm machine i wouldnt worry about it-the bike will run like that for another 20 years..lol

ross932c
04-17-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm not sure on the compression. doesnt seem much differentthen before. Never was hard to pull over, and isnt much easier now.

ross932c
04-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Can I adjust the valves to make anything different? I dont care if the machine gets worse, the smoke is just really bothering me. I just want the smoke gone, or better if possible.

Can I put in different oil that butns cleaner?
Different plug, Hotter/colder
Run it richer/leaner?

hondaATCman
04-18-2005, 03:59 PM
If the rings are bad...they are bad. They're not going to fix theirself and the machine will continue to burn oil. Also, if its burning oil, its using oil...which means you need to keep a check on the oil level or it will seize up.

ross932c
04-18-2005, 04:30 PM
yes, I'm watching the oil, I add accordingly. I'm just goin to keep driving till it doesnt wantto drive anymore. just a work machien now.