PDA

View Full Version : 250SX Hopped up motor!!!

Dirtcrasher
04-16-2005, 10:02 PM
I finally got my head out of my arse and got this all together. The SX should have quite a bit more get up and go now. These are the goodies I've got going into this motor.....

High compression piston 2MM or appx. .080 thousandths larger than stock ready to go into the freshly bored cylinder (80$ to bore as they usually don't bore that large in one shot).

40B aggresive grind WEB cam - claims large mid to top end gains.

WEB Chrome moly valve spring keepers with high performance springs.

Head got rebuilt with new OEM valves, new valve seals, new OEM timing chain and guides and stainless steel exhaust studs.

350X Keihin model 010 carburetor - Best carb you can put on an SX with all the updates OEM from a 1986 350X.

This is my spare 1985 motor which I'll be installing these new parts into and then transplanting it into my 87. I'm gonna build another SX but I'll have to start from scratch powder coating a frame etc. for the finished product but I'll be enjoying it until then.

I'm done dickin around, the next SX will have a red powder coated frame/swingarm and some other type of rear suspension. If a TRX 300CC top end does truly fit on an SX it will get that and a race cam along with all the other usual SX mods also.

mad_max
04-16-2005, 11:19 PM
Hell Yeah! :beer