PDA

View Full Version : 225 DX OEM seat cover ?

freewheel3
04-16-2005, 09:52 PM
I ordered a new black seat cover from my Yamaha dealer for my 225 DXL. A grey one is what showed up. The part # on the grey one supercedes the old # for the black one when he punches it in to his computer. The grey one says Yamaha across the back but does not say "shaft' along the sides. Anybody know where can I find a black OEM cover & also what YTMs had this grey seat?

Huffa
04-16-2005, 10:02 PM
I didn't think any came with a grey. I know a few of the 4 wheelers did though.

Here is a link to a black seat cover but it has no logo on.

http://www.psep.biz/store/yamaseat_covers.htm#ADXM183

They also have the full kit with foam & seat cover if you scroll down far enough. What's confusing for the kit is they say 83-89 for the YTM 225. Last year was 86 I think?

www.bikebandit.com has OEM jobs but they are expensive. Thats almost the same price as above for the kit!

2: COVER,SINGLE SEAT 33123-001 $78.67

350x'inNY
04-16-2005, 10:22 PM
www.hi-flite.com use to have ads that showed one with SHAFT on the side.... pretty sure it will say Hi-Flite on the back though... I spoke to them and know originally they put Honda on the back of theirs until big brother Honda got hold of them and told them $5 or $15 dollars a piece for the use of their trademark! Not sure if they ever got flack from Yamaha.

Probably a YFM200 Moto-4 seat.

freewheel3
04-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey Huffa & 350x, thanks for the info. I emailed the suppliers you suggested, now just sit & wait for their replies I guess. Yeah the price @ BikeBandit is crazy (especially when you convert to CDN$ & add the shipping) but if it turns out to be what I'm looking for, I might as well go for it since I want this baby to look good & I have sunk so much into this machine already, whats another $150 or so?

Huffa
04-17-2005, 04:28 AM
Did you ask about the foam & seat cover kit? I'm interested in that too and if you didn't, I will.

ATCwithdrawals
04-17-2005, 06:42 AM
I almost ordered a new seat cover last week for the 225 YTM but I was wondering if it was going to have the lettering too{SHAFT/YAMAHA}, I didn't think about it being a different color than black, that stinks. Sorry to here about the seat cover Freewheel, let us know if you find out any other info .

freewheel3
04-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Did you ask about the foam & seat cover kit? I'm interested in that too and if you didn't, I will.

Huffa, my foam is still good so I only inquired about the cover. I still haven't received a reply as of Sunday AM, but I'll post the info for you & atc withdrawal when I get it. Keep the shiny (or dented) side up.

Darius1502
04-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Does anyone know a shop that can print 'Yamaha' across the back of my Tri Z cover?

I tried myself with a stencil and some Vinyl paint but it did not look good. And yes I was very very careful.

Huffa
04-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else feel it's sort of odd having "shaft" on the side of them?

I'd rather see 225 or Tri-Moto but :rolleyes: shaft ? :rolleyes: ?

OR I'd love to (if I knew how) stencil on "HUFFA" :D

freewheel3
04-17-2005, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=Huffa]Is it just me or does anyone else feel it's sort of odd having "shaft" on the side of them?

Just trying to make it look as close to the way they were in the showroom 21 years ago.

Huffa
04-17-2005, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=Huffa]Is it just me or does anyone else feel it's sort of odd having "shaft" on the side of them?

Just trying to make it look as close to the way they were in the showroom 21 years ago.

Oh, I understand, don't get me wrong as it's perfectly fine what your doing.

I just thought I'd bring it up while we are on the seat cover issue.

AWWW, what the heck........I'll be a nice guy and let you in on something that I at 1st wasn't going to tell you although you might of saw it?

There is a OEM 225 seat on ebay right now! It's about as perfect as can be.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4543111776&category=43970

I emailed the guy asking how that could look so nice after all these years and if it is possibly an after market seat cover. His reply was since it wasn't his from new he honestly coudn't say but to the best of his knowledge it is all original.

One way to tell for sure is to lift up a few staples and see if there are other holes from the factory staples.

The more I look at the 3rd picture though it does look like a factory seat cover as I'm holding mine right here comparing it. One thing though, is that a tear in the 3rd picture at about the middle of bottom of pic? Or could that be a glare? That is usually where they do tear as mine has it on both sides right in that spot.

For that price I would be dissapointed if there was ANY tears, and who's to say it won't go a lot higher?

If you bid on it, good luck! :beer

freewheel3
04-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Yeah I had already checked it out & was wondering if it was a tear as well. Too much Armor All on there to tell for sure. The listing stated that he ships to US only so I didn't bother checking in to it any further. The way the bids have been getting crazy lately it will probably go higher. A $100 bucks or more wouldn't surprise me. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

Huffa
04-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Yeah I had already checked it out & was wondering if it was a tear as well. Too much Armor All on there to tell for sure. The listing stated that he ships to US only so I didn't bother checking in to it any further. The way the bids have been getting crazy lately it will probably go higher. A $100 bucks or more wouldn't surprise me. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

I wrote back to him again and asked about it. Both corners have small tears he said.

:mad: PISSES ME OFF TO NO END :mad: when they can't be honest and mention it. That could be fixed very easily and made stronger then stock by doubling up the material at that section.

It gets annoying when you have to be a detective and inspect every detail! :rolleyes:

I'll bet that's one ? he won't post on it!

edog
04-18-2005, 11:06 AM
I almost ordered a new seat cover last week for the 225 YTM but I was wondering if it was going to have the lettering too{SHAFT/YAMAHA}, I didn't think about it being a different color than black, that stinks. Sorry to here about the seat cover Freewheel, let us know if you find out any other info .
Did you order it from yamaha directly?If you did it should have the lettering on it.I was going to buy one but they are $80 .Mines ok condition.

cjabel2002
12-07-2006, 02:23 PM
I have a Yamaha dxl 225 seat in mint condition. Black w/ shaft on sides & Yamaha
on back. Asking $90 shipped. Chris (920)-284-5278. Have other parts for it as well.