PDA

View Full Version : restoration questions

Dave223
04-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Im planing to start a resto of sorts on my kids 82-70 , it wont be back to original, so i guess i could call it a refurbish, so heres the questions:

i thought i read at one time that someone here had the decals, or could get em cheap?

Who sells polished alum or chrome rims? I see em from time to time on here but after searching, I cant find a link....

I know I have more questions, just cant remember em right now, Thanks, DaveA

lonestar
04-16-2005, 06:50 PM
I would have the rims powdercoated, you can get them in aluminum they turn out real nice.

dividebyzero
04-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Check out harlan

hjlysne@charter.net

Harlan does reproduction decals.
He does very good work.

Dave223
04-17-2005, 12:37 PM
thanks for the replies, i will email him on the decals!
I might look into pC the entire frame, rims and forks..anyone here do that? Id rather support ppl on the board first, Thanks, Dave

sandpuppi101
04-17-2005, 09:05 PM
If your wanting to restore a trike like this 70 here Dave get ahold of good old Harlan he will hook you up with the tank and wing decals. If your restoring it for your son to ride , A word to the wise, I would'nt go overboard because he is a kid ,I did a restro last winter for a guy on a nice little 85' 70 ,well he brought it back in Dec' fender flapping and all.But I am sure you want it too look great also!

Dave223
04-18-2005, 12:18 AM
I kinda want to do a complete factory correct resto on it, but my boy was riding it today an ran into my truck (tire to tire) me on a quad (i follow along side of him ready to pounce on the kill switch) also tire to tire, and a shed. He never did hurt anything but it makes me think alot about dumping loads of cash in it right now. I think I will just tear it down, replace all bearings, repaint or powdercoat, and replace the tank and fender decals and maybe put a headlight on it...an maybe some nice chrome or polished rims if I can find em. Thanks for the info, Dave

MNAirHead
04-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Dave..

Don't mean to be the buster of your dreams... sounds like one that I'd get started and running.. sounds like he needs to take some spills before you start doing much with it... nothing bites like redoing something and having it crashed within a week.

t.